I am a Consultant Orthopaedic Spinal Surgeon and my goal is to improve every patient’s quality of life. I am able to see and help patients with all types of spinal symptoms and conditions. I am skilled in the diagnosis, management and treatment of spinal disorders from the neck to the coccyx. I have expertise in all aspects of spinal pathology with specialist interests in adult degenerative and deformity-related conditions, which I am adept at treating surgically and non-operatively.
My patients are my priority and I always put them first. I listen to all of my patients’ concerns to understand them and their problem better to then treat them successfully. I guide my patients to help them make appropriate decisions and I support them throughout their care to ensure they have the best possible outcome.
My current NHS consultant post is at the prestigious Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital in Oswestry. I completed my Higher Surgical and Specialist Training in spinal surgery and trauma & orthopaedics in Oswestry and the University Hospital of North Midlands. It was through this training rotation that I gained my Certificate of Completion of Training and my Specialist Registration with the General Medical Council. After obtaining my Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh all of my training was within the discipline of spinal disorders and surgery.
I was born in Scotland and grew up in beautiful Edinburgh before I went onto study Medicine at the University of Aberdeen where I was awarded a Phase 1 Distinction and Russell Medal in Pathology along with my medical and surgical degree. I am married to Zeba who is a GP and we have two amazing sons, Ismaeel and Yunus, who are the best thing to have ever happened to us. Most of my spare time is spent with my lovely family as well as playing sport, doing exercise and travelling in the UK and abroad.
- Degenerative Conditions of the Lumbar and Cervical spine
- Lumbar Disc Herniation and Sciatica (Leg Pain)
- Cervical Disc Herniation and Brachialgia (Arm Pain)
- Spinal Stenosis (Neurogenic Claudication)
- Cauda Equina Syndrome
- Adult Spinal Deformity and Degenerative Scoliosis (Curved Spine)
- Back and Neck Pain
- Osteoporotic Spinal Fractures
- Sacro-Iliac Joint Dysfunction
- Coccyx Pain
- Spinal Injections
- Lumbar Discectomy
- Lumbar Decompression
- Lumbar Fusion
- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
- Extreme Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion (XLIF)
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy & Fusion (ACDF)
- Posterior Cervical Decompression & Fusion
- Posterior Cervical Laminectomy
- Posterior Cervical Foraminotomy
- Spinal Deformity Surgery (Scoliosis, Kyphosis and Spondylolisthesis Correction)
- Minimal Invasive Surgery (MIS)
- Spinal Fractures (Vertebroplasty)
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Sarfraz Ahmad at Nuffield Health
- Lumbar discectomy
- Removal of spinal hardware
- CT scan (or CAT scan)
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Spinal (lumbar) Decompression
- Facet joint injections
- Bone Graft
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Nerve blocks
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Excision of spinal tumours
- Correction of scoliosis
- X-Ray Guided Facet Joint Injection
- Nerve surgery
- MRI scan
- Epidural injection for pain relief
- Trauma Surgery
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Image guided joint injections
S Ahmad, B Balain. Intervertebral Disc Structure and Biomechanics. (Book Chapter). Oswestry Orthopaedic Basic Science, 4th Edition 2014; Orthopaedic Institute Ltd.
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British Association of Spinal Surgeons
Other post held
- Consultant Spinal Surgeon The Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital, Oswestry
Insurers Mr Sarfraz Ahmad works with
Mr Sarfraz Ahmad works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Cigna International
- Bupa Global
- Bupa On Demand
Mr Sarfraz Ahmad does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Sarfraz Ahmad does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Sarfraz Ahmad does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.