Mr Brown graduated in Medicine from the University of Cambridge in 1989 and from King's College Hospital, London in 1993. His specialist orthopaedic training was at Middlesex Hospital, central London and the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, London. He completed Fellowships at Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA and at The Children’s Hospital, Westmead, Sydney, Australia.
He is an established Consultant with over 14 years of experience. In 2016 he was appointed Consultant Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Surgeon at The Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford.
Mr Brown performs:
- All aspects of Foot & Ankle Surgery.
- Sports Injuries.
- Arthritis of the Ankle or the Foot.
- Minimally Invasive Surgery.
- Children’s Foot
Mr Brown teaches and lectures Nationally and Internationally.
He overseas the running of Courses in Foot & Ankle Surgery across the UK, Middle East, Africa and India to audiences of young surgeons, physiotherapists and GPs.
He is responsible for setting the standards for future Orthopaedic Consultants by serving on the Court of Examiners for the FRCS (Tr& Ortho) since 2012.
Offshore Yacht Sailing.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Rick Brown at Nuffield Health
- Ingrown toenail (and ingrown toenail surgery)
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Meniscectomy for meniscus tear
- Ankle ligament repair
- Flat foot correction
- Achilles repair or reconstruction
- Subtalar arthroscopy
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Tibial osteotomy
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Ankle fusion
- Bilateral Tenotomy
- Toe joint fusion
- Hallux Valgus Surgery
- Ankle replacement
- British Foot and Ankle Society (Chairman of The Education Committee)
- British Orthopaedic Association
- World Orthopaedic Concern
- British Society of Children’s Orthopaedic Surgeons
Other post held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford.
- North Cotswold NHS Hospital, Moreton in the Marsh, Glos.
Insurers Mr Rick Brown works with
Mr Rick Brown works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Rick Brown does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Rick Brown does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Rick Brown does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.