Mr Kaloo is a Consultant Gynaecologist who specialises in the investigation and treatment of menstrual problems, pelvic pain and endometriosis. He uses laparoscopic or 'key hole' surgery over open abdominal surgical techniques wherever possible. A few of the significant benefits of 'key hole' surgery are less pain, earlier discharge home and a quicker recovery for example 92%* of our patients undergoing laparoscopic hysterectomy were able to be discharged home within 48 hours. *(23 of the last 25 patients undergoing these procedures)
In his NHS role, Mr Kaloo is lead clinician for the Menstrual Disorders clinic, the Endometriosis/Pelvic pain clinic and the Post Menopausal Bleeding (PMB) clinic.
- Menstrual Disorders
- Pelvic Pain and Endometriosis
- PMT / PMDD
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Hysteroscopic Surgery
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Philip Kaloo at Nuffield Health
- Dilation and curettage (D&C)
- Endometrial ablation
- Hysterectomy surgery
- Cervical smear
- Female sterilisation
- Adnexal surgery
- Mr Kaloo spent an additional four years in clinical work and research into endometriosis and laparoscopic surgery at the University of Sydney, Australia and King Edward Memorial Hospital for Women in Perth, Australia.
- Contributor to NICE guidelines for endometriosis and heavy menstrual bleeding.
- Primary author for RCOG guidelines on management of Adnexal masses in premenopausal women.
- National Endometriosis Society
- British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- British Menopause Society
Other post held
- Consultant Gynaecologist and Laparoscopic Surgeon, Gloucestershire NHS Foundation Trust, Cheltenham and Gloucester Hospitals
Insurers Mr Philip Kaloo works with
Mr Philip Kaloo works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Bupa Global
- Cigna International
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
- The Exeter Friendly
- Police Mutual
- Healix Healthcare
- Bupa Global
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
Mr Philip Kaloo does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Philip Kaloo does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Philip Kaloo does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.