Mr Sian is a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at the Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital.
Having completed dual training in Ophthalmology and Optometry, he undertook advanced specialisation in the management of complex corneal and external eye disease, corneal transplantation, cataract and laser refractive surgery at Moorfields Eye Hospital London and The Royal Devon & Exeter.
At Moorfields Eye Hospital, he was trained by leading authorities acquiring the latest surgical techniques in corneal transplantation, vision correction, cataract and anterior segment surgery. Mr Sian will tailor treatments to the individual with a detailed assessment pre-operatively utilising the modern equipment and instruments at his disposal.
Mr Sian manages a wide range of disorders affecting the cornea, ocular surface and external eye, as well as general ophthalmology in his busy NHS outpatient clinics and theatres at Musgrove Park Hospital.
- Wednesday PM
- Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon, Corneal & Cataract Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton
- Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at the Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital
Having moved from London Indy Sian now lives in Taunton with his wife and two sons. He is a keen cricket and rugby fan.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Member of the College of Optometrists
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Member of the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Honorary research fellow - Moorfields Eye Hospital
- Subspeciality committee member, Cornea and Anterior Segment - International Council of Ophthalmology
Whilst in London Mr Sian was involved in the recruitment and treatment of patients with severe corneal infections as part of a multicentre study that will form the basis of future European wide treatment guidelines. Mr Sian also took the lead for an ongoing study looking at methods to optimise cataract surgery in complex cases.
Mr Sian continues to present and lecture at various international conferences and is involved in the training of junior surgeons, medical students, optometrists and nurse practitioners.
DeclarationMr Indy Sian works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Indy Sian does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Indy Sian does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Indy Sian does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.