- Specialities Orthopaedics, Joint replacement
- Telephone 01782 382507 (Clinic Bookings Team)
- Year of first qualification 1984
- Email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 2920319
- Fax 01782 382500
David Griffiths has been a consultant orthopaedic and trauma surgeon for over 24 years. In his elective practice he performs only knee surgery. His practice encompasses knee replacement (including patient specific and unicompartmental replacement), cartilage repair (mainly cell therapy and osteochondral grafting), osteotomies and ligament reconstruction.
Mr Griffiths was appointed as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at the University Hospital of North Staffordshire in Stoke on Trent in 1995.
He qualified in medicine from Emmanuel College, Cambridge and St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, London and carried out his surgical training in Cambridge, Bristol and Oswestry / Stoke with fellowships in the US and at Droitwich Knee Clinic.
For the last sixteen years Mr Griffiths has regularly visited Nepal and India to perform surgery and lecture.
- Wednesday AM
- Letter of referral from GP, Physiotherapist or Consultant Colleagues
- Tuesday AM alternative weeks
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, University Hospital of North Staffordshire
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- European Society of Sports Traumatology Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy
- Medical Protection Society
- British Medical Association
Mr Griffiths' main research interest is cartilage repair and stem cell treatment and he has both published papers and given presentations on various aspects of knee surgery.
DeclarationMr David Griffiths works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr David Griffiths does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr David Griffiths does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr David Griffiths does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.