Dr Tukmachi provides acupuncture therapy for:
Painful conditions: musculo-skeletal diseases, arthritis, migraine, frozen shoulder, tennis elbow, backache, sciatica, cervical spondylitis, and trigeminal neuralgia.
Non-painful conditions: skin diseases, hayfever, asthma, hot flushes, irregular periods, menopause, weight loss, stop smoking, and depression.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Emad Tukmachi at Nuffield Health
A selection of papers by Dr Tukmachi includes:
- Tukmachi, E.S.A., Dempsey, E., Jubb, R.W. (2004), The effect of acupuncture on the symptoms of knee osteoarthritis – an open randomised controlled study. Acupuncture In Medicine, 22(1): 14-22.
- Tukmachi, E.S.A. (2001), Acupuncture therapy in diseases failed to respond to Western Medicine: 6 case reports,The Journal of Chinese Medicine. 67: 6-11
- Tukmachi, E.S.A. (March 1994), Migraine and Acupuncture: Clinical Approach. International Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 12(3): 15-19.
- Tukmachi, E.S.A. (1999), Frozen shoulder: a comparison of Western and Traditional Chinese Approach and a Clinical study of its Acupuncture Treatment. Acupuncture In Medicine, 17(1): 9-21
- Chronic urticaria and acupuncture: a case study Author(s): Tukmachi, Emad, Tukmachi, Ziad Citation: Journal of Chinese Medicine, 01 February 2011. (This case study reports on the successful use of combined manual and electro acupuncture in the management of chronic urticaria. The theory and effectiveness of acupuncture in the treatment of chronic urticaria is also evaluated, concluding that acupuncture offers a fertile field of study for clinical allergy researchers and a potentially effective intervention for dermatologists).
- The British Acupuncture Council
- The British Pain Society
- Royal Society of Medicine
Other post held
- Health Professional in private practice
Insurers Dr Emad Tukmachi works with
Dr Emad Tukmachi works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- CS Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Emad Tukmachi does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Emad Tukmachi does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Emad Tukmachi does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.