Upper gastrointestinal cancer
Upper gastrointestinal cancers include cancer of the stomach, oesophagus, pancreas, and liver.
- Loss of appetite or weight loss
- Feeling sick or being sick
- Abdominal pain
- Unexplained fatigue
- Difficulty swallowing
- Feeling full when eating
- Change in bowel habits
Symptoms of these cancers are often present in other conditions so it is important to get an accurate diagnosis. Your consultant will order appropriate diagnostic tests or scans to help in this diagnosis such as:
- CT scan
- Endoscopic ultrasound
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Gastrointestinal Radiology
- Positron emission tomography (PET) scan
A treatment programmed for any diagnosed cancer will be customised according to your individual needs.