- 300g tuna fillet
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 handful of rocket
- ½ red onion finely chopped
- 1 lime
- 1 avocado cut into cubes
- ½ red chili finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Season the tuna and brush with olive oil and squeeze over some lime juice.
- In a bowl mix together the tomato, onion, chili, 1 tbsp lime juice, 1 tbsp olive oil and avocado.
- Set aside (you can add some chopped coriander).
- Heat a griddle pan or frying pan to a high heat.
- Add the tuna and fry for 3 minutes on each side. (If you prefer it less pink then cook for longer.)
- Serve the tuna with the salad and rocket leaves.
Both tuna and avocado are packed with vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant which works with vitamin C and selenium to protect body cells against free radical damage. So this salad can help to support a healthy immune system in combination with other immunity boosting foods.
Last updated Tuesday 15 May 2018