What will I achieve on this course?
Our one day course will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of mental health, mental fitness and emotional wellbeing. You will gain a thorough knowledge of mental health difficulties and the training will teach you evidenced-based and practical techniques to better support yourself and others. This course will help you to respond with confidence to a range of mental health difficulties including mental health emergencies.
The skills that are learnt on the course will be invaluable in your everyday life and as mental health is an increasing area of focus for organisations will enhance your CV and make you stand out versus the competition. A certificate will be awarded on completion of the course.
What will you cover on this course?
- Understand a range of mental health issues and difficulties
- Understand factors that impact on emotional wellbeing and mental health
- Recognise triggers, signs and symptoms of mental health ill-health
- Use a range of practical skills to promote mental fitness and support mental health
- Understand the role of stigma when discussing emotional wellbeing
- Learn an effective framework for having conversations with others about their mental health
- Practice a range of enhanced techniques for supporting others with confidence, including active non-judgemental listening, de-escalation and emergency action responding
- Signpost people to a range of appropriate sources of support
There is a maximum course size of 25 people.
Why choose Nuffield Health?
Qualified mental health professionals and educators work together to design our dynamic, engaging and informed by sound psychological research. We have robust quality control processes in place to ensure our courses are always up to date and relevant.
Our 1 day training session is delivered via Microsoft Teams by one of our qualified mental health professionals. These trainers are also active therapists who see patients on a one to one basis. As such they have an in-depth working understanding of real-life mental health. This means our courses are highly interactive, with engagement confidently encouraged and an ability to respond credibly and supportively to any questions or concerns raised.
Unlike some other providers, we maintain lower class sizes in order to ensure maximum opportunity for engagement and learning.
All attendees will receive
- Access to a Nuffield Health Course-Co-ordinator for any questions/requirements
- Course materials – Course Handbook
- A PDF mental health ‘toolkit’ containing a range of emotional wellbeing resources
- Certificate of completion
- A Mental Health Confidence discount (10%) on any future emotional wellbeing courses booked with Nuffield Health
If you would like any more information on the course or if you are an employer booking significant number of employees onto this course (e.g. more than 10) and would like to discuss ongoing support and training for your employees then please contact us at email@example.com or 03331 234106. We may be able to offer additional discount above the 10% applied to bookings over 4 employees.
How to book a course
To book a course, simply click on the “Book Now” button, select the date of the course that you would like to attend and pay. You will then receive confirmation of your course with a link that enables you to access the session.
If you are booking on behalf of an organisation then you will need to enter the number of your employees that you would like to attend along with their names and email addresses in the notes section. A discount of 10% can be applied for bookings of 4 people or more. Please contact us on 03331 234106 before booking.