Referrer education: Awareness for a greater understanding of transgender & non binary
Book your place
We would like to invite you to join us at our next education
event "Referrer education: Awareness for a greater understanding of transgender & non binary
This Workshop is suitable for ALL healthcare providers
Ellie Lowther was the first openly trans woman to be shortlisted and awarded special recognition for 'Inspiring Women' at the Mo Mowlam awards and was invited to deliver a session at the House of Commons in April 2019.
Workshop will provide you;
- Full understanding of Transgender & Non-Binary, specifically from a Gender Identity perspective.
- Understand the difficulties facing people who are gender variant in relation to life experiences generally (and engaging with the public sector in particular).
- Engage more effectively with Trans & Non-Binary staff, services users and the general public.
- To help to tackle prejudice and promote understanding within the workplace and the wider community.
- To gain a practical understanding of responsibilities within the Equality Act 2010 including the Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED) and the Gender Recognition Act 2004.
6.30pm registration and hot food served
19:00 Workshop begins
Free car parking is available on site.
To book your free place, contact our GP Liaison Manager - Jane Wilson on 07970447900 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our number are limited and places are therefore by booking only
Haxby Road, York, YO31 8TA