Mr Woodruff qualified from St Mary’s Hospital, London in 1991 and underwent specialist ophthalmology training in London. This included 4 years of oculoplastic fellowships at Moorfields Eye Hospital and The Western Eye Hospital during which he received advanced training in plastic, aesthetic and reconstructive surgery of the periocular region and surrounding areas.
He has held a substantive NHS Consultant position at Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge since 2006. At Addenbrookes he was training director for ophthalmic surgical training for five years before moving on to become Clinical Lead in Ophthalmology in 2012 for the following 4 years.
He loves teaching and training new surgeons and runs a variety of surgical training courses for national and international delegate in Cambridge. He is a frequent guest speaker and faculty member at national and international courses and conferences. He is a visiting Professor to Nanning People’s Hospital in China where he teaches Oculoplastic and Endoscopic Lacrimal Surgery.
- Oculoplastic Surgery
- Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery
His areas of clinical practice are Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery including both functional problems, such as periocular tumours, eyelid cysts, ptosis (droopy upper eyelid), eyelid entropion and ectropion and cosmetic eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty), brow lifts, botulinum injection treatment and facial fillers.
He has particular expertise in transconjunctival minimally invasive lower lid blepharoplasty for lower lid bags and endoscopic scarless dacryocystorhinotomy (DCR) surgery for blocked tear ducts and watery eyes.
He is especially interested in the management of skin cancer on the eyelids and in the periocular area. He is a strong advocate of the use of MOHS micrographic surgery where appropriate to obtain the best surgical results and clinical outcomes.
He also performs small incision bespoke phacoemulsification cataract surgery and sees all general ophthalmic complaints.
- Eyelid Surgery
- Lacrimal surgery (watery eyes) - including minimally invasive endoscopic surgery
- Orbital surgery
- Cataract surgery
- Botulinum toxin injections
Consultants at this event
Related treatments or tests
- Brow lift at Cambridge Hospital
- Cataract surgery in Cambridge
- Dermatological surgery at Cambridge Hospital
- Drooping eyelids (Ptosis correction) at Cambridge Hospital
- Excision of skin lesion at Cambridge Hospital
- Eye lift at Cambridge Hospital
- Eyelid cyst removal at Cambridge Hospital
- Eyelid reshaping surgery in Cambridge
- Mole removal at Cambridge Hospital
- Oculoplastic surgery at Cambridge Hospital
- Phacoemulsification at Cambridge Hospital
- Reconstructive surgery at Cambridge Hospital
- Skin cancer surgery at Cambridge Hospital
- Excisional biopsy at Cambridge Hospital
4 Trumpington Road, Cambridge, CB2 8AF