Dental implants in Bristol
If you have one or more missing teeth, then dental implants are an effective, long-lasting solution, leaving you safe in the knowledge that your replacement teeth are secure, look great and can, with good dental care, last a lifetime.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants can fill in missing teeth and can also be used to support bridges and dentures.
First, your dentist Dr Cornelius Krause will assess whether there is enough bone density to support the implant. If a missing tooth is not replaced immediately, there may be some bone shrinkage that needs addressing prior to placing an implant.
Once it is deemed safe to go ahead with treatment, a small implant made of titanium is implanted into the jaw, which will function in the same way as the natural tooth root. Over a period of approximately two to four months, during which you will be given a temporary restoration, the bone will ‘grow’ around the implant, securing it in place.
The final stage involves fitting the custom-made restoration. Dr Krause will assess whether the implant is fully embedded and then a post called an abutment is screwed into the implant. Using this post as a base, we can fit crowns, bridges or dentures.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
- Replace missing teeth; if left untreated, missing teeth will cause bone to shrink and this will result in the surrounding teeth moving out of alignment
- Missing teeth are sometimes treated with a partial denture, but this does not half bone loss as there is no replacement of the natural tooth root
- Surrounding teeth are left undamaged during a dental implant treatment
- Provide a secure foundation for dentures; often patients complain that dentures leave them feeling insecure, particularly that they may move when talking or eating – dental implants can give you confidence back in your smile
- Dental implant treatment should be a pain free procedure as it is performed under a local anaesthetic - most CK Dental implant patients report only minor discomfort
- Dental implants are very safe as only materials that are well tolerated by the body are used and the implant system we employ has an excellent track record
- Long-lasting; if properly cared for your implants should last as long as natural teeth.
Book a FREE dental review
If you are interested in learning more about whether a dental implant could be the right option for you, we are currently offering Complimentary Dental Reviews with Dr Krause at, Nuffield Health Bristol Hospital, The Chesterfield.
This is a ten minute confidential discussion where Dr Krause will answer your questions at this initial stage. Then, if you decide to go ahead with treatment you would come in again for a full assessment (the cost of which would be refunded against your treatment).
There is no obligation to book in for further treatment, but meeting Dr Krause will help you to decide whether dental implants could be right for you, along with providing professional dental advice tailored to your needs.