- Specialities Ophthalmology
- Telephone 01892 741128
- Year of first qualification 1990
- Email email@example.com
English and North Indian languages
- GMC Number 3328781
Professor Ansari is head of glaucoma services at the Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust. He has trained extensively in the UK and abroad and has been a consultant since 2001. He completed a highly regarded glaucoma fellowship at Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, and as International Glaucoma Association Fellow, he completed a higher degree (MD) in glaucoma.
His area of expertise includes modern micro-incision cataract surgery (MICS) by phacoemulsification and he has vast experience in specialised intraocular lens technology including accommodative and multifocal lenses.
Glaucoma treatments include trabeculectomy, glaucoma tube/ valve implantation and laser treatments such as YAG, ALT, SLT and cyclodiode lasers. He has an international reputation for minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS). He also provides a general ophthalmology service that covers the full breadth of conditions in adults, children and also emergency work.
He is also an examiner at the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and an advisor to Clinical Commissioning Groups for the provision of community based eye care schemes.
- Monday AM
- Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
- Professor, Institute of Medical Sciences, Christ Church College University, Canterbury
- Small incision cataract surgery (phacoemulsification)
- Glaucoma- medical and laser treatments
- Glaucoma- surgical treatments including minimally invasive methods (MIGS)
- Age Related Macular Degeneration- anti-VEGF injections
· Dry eye and blepharitis treatment
· Developing new technology for minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS)
· Intraocular lenses- multifocal, accommodative and extended focus lenses
Sailing, hiking, skiing, bird watching, reading (fiction and history)
- European Association for Vision and Eye Research
- British Society for Refractive Surgery
- European Society for Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- UK and Eire Glaucoma Society
Professor Ansari has research affiliations with the University of Kent at Canterbury and runs a Masters degree in Ophthalmic Surgery (MCh) at Christchurch College, Canterbury.
He is actively involved in clinical trials at the burgeoning eye research unit at the Trust and has conducted research into new drops for glaucoma and dry eye, and gel stent for glaucoma.
extensively in the UK and abroad.