Professor Ansari is head of glaucoma services at the Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust. He has trained extensively in the UK and abroad and has been a consultant since 2001. He completed a highly regarded glaucoma fellowship at Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, and as International Glaucoma Association Fellow, he completed a higher degree (MD) in glaucoma.
His area of expertise includes modern micro-incision cataract surgery (MICS) by phacoemulsification and he has vast experience in specialised intraocular lens technology including accommodative and multifocal lenses.
Glaucoma treatments include trabeculectomy, glaucoma tube/ valve implantation and laser treatments such as YAG, ALT, SLT and cyclodiode lasers. He has an international reputation for minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS). He also provides a general ophthalmology service that covers the full breadth of conditions in adults, children and also emergency work.
He is also an examiner at the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and an advisor to Clinical Commissioning Groups for the provision of community based eye care schemes.
- Small incision cataract surgery (phacoemulsification)
- Glaucoma- medical and laser treatments
- Glaucoma- surgical treatments including minimally invasive methods (MIGS)
- Age Related Macular Degeneration- anti-VEGF injections
· Dry eye and blepharitis treatment
· Developing new technology for minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS)
· Intraocular lenses- multifocal, accommodative and extended focus lenses
Sailing, hiking, skiing, bird watching, reading (fiction and history)
Treatments and tests offered by Professor Ejaz Ansari at Nuffield Health
- Eyelid cyst removal
- Drooping eyelids (Ptosis correction)
- Cataract Surgery
Professor Ansari has research affiliations with the University of Kent at Canterbury and runs a Masters degree in Ophthalmic Surgery (MCh) at Christchurch College, Canterbury.
He is actively involved in clinical trials at the burgeoning eye research unit at the Trust and has conducted research into new drops for glaucoma and dry eye, and gel stent for glaucoma.
extensively in the UK and abroad.
- European Association for Vision and Eye Research
- British Society for Refractive Surgery
- European Society for Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- UK and Eire Glaucoma Society
Other posts held
- Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
- Professor, Institute of Medical Sciences, Christ Church College University, Canterbury
Insurers Professor Ejaz Ansari works with
Professor Ejaz Ansari works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP International
- CS Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Healix Healthcare
Professor Ejaz Ansari does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Ejaz Ansari does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Ejaz Ansari does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.