Mr Manvikar holds a private and NHS clinic at Nuffield Health Tees Hospital and has over 30 years of experience as a cataract surgeon with skill in using premium intraocular lenses. In addition, he regularly treats patients with age-related macular degeneration and medical retina diseases.
Mr Manvikar started his training in the UK under world-renowned cataract surgeon Mr Piers Percival in Scarborough and was actively involved in researching various Intraocular lens implants. He subsequently completed his higher specialist training in the UK in the Northern Deanery. He completed a further fellowship in Medical Retina at the RVI, Newcastle. He is currently a consultant ophthalmologist at South Tees Hospitals, where he specialises in cataract and medical retinal diseases.
Mr Manvikar’s early training took place at the prestigious Minto Eye Hospital, Bangalore in 1992 and his Fellowship training in cataract & cornea took place at the Lions Eye Hospital & Cornea Centre, Bangalore and at the LV Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad.
Subsequently, he worked at Narayana Nethralaya Eye Hospital, Bangalore as a cataract and cornea consultant before moving to UK in 1998.
- Cataract surgery with IOL Implantation
- Medical Retina diseases
- Age related macular degeneration
- Diabetic eye disease
- Retinal Vein Occlusions
- Intravitreal injections for the treatment of macular and retinal conditions
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Sridhar Manvikar at Nuffield Health
- Eye lift
- Eyelid cyst removal
- Refractive eye surgery
- Anterior segment
- Cataract Surgery
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- European Society of Retinal Specialists (EURETINA)
- North of England Ophthalmological Society (NEOS)
Other posts held
- Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at James Cook University Hospital
Mr Sridhar Manvikar does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Sridhar Manvikar does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Sridhar Manvikar does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.