Mr Robert Gleeson
BSc, MBBS, FRCS (Tr Orth)
GMC number: 4101503
Practicing since: 1994
- By arrangement, appointments can be made at short notice
- Wednesday evening
Or call us on
Mr Gleeson is a specialist knee surgeon and one of the founder members of the Gloucestershire Knee Clinic. As a keen sportsman himself, he understands and treats a number of leading sportsmen and sportswomen in the county and beyond.
He regularly performs knee arthroscopy, meniscectomy, meniscal repair, anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction, patello-femoral stabilisation procedures and chondroplasty for articular cartilage lesions of the knee.
Robert also has a busy arthroplasty practice and performs partial knee replacements using the Oxford mobile bearing knee replacement, total knee replacement and revision total knee replacement. He has acquired experience with MRI-guided patient-specific total knee replacement as well.
Robert regularly undertakes trauma surgery as part of the on-call trauma countywide service in Gloucestershire.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Robert Gleeson at Nuffield Health
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Tibial osteotomy
- Meniscectomy for meniscus tear
Locations Mr Robert Gleeson works with
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons
- British Association of Surgery of the Knee
- British Orthopaedic Association
Other posts held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Gloucestershire Royal Hospital
- Consultant Orthopaedic Knee Surgeon, Stroud General Hospital
- Consultant Orthopaedic Knee Surgeon, Tetbury Community Hospital
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Cheltenham General Hospital
Insurers Mr Robert Gleeson works with
Mr Robert Gleeson works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Westfield Health WPA
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Robert Gleeson does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Robert Gleeson does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Robert Gleeson does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.