Mr. Khatwa is an Ear, Nose and Throat Consultant. Currently, He works in Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust. He has joined the NHS in 1999. Subsequently, he achieved Fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons in Otolaryngology FRCSI (OTO) in 2000. As well as, the Inter-Collegiate Fellowship of ENT and Head & Neck Surgery FRCS (ORL-HNS) in 2008.
He has successfully obtained the GMC specialist registration of Otolaryngology in January 2014.
Mr. Khatwa is a General ENT surgeon and has a special interest in rhinology and Snoring. He has expanded his experience in nasal and sinus surgery by completing an accredited fellowship in Rhinology at Derriford hospital. He also has a special interest in snoring management and his research in this field was published in international peer reviewed journals.
He has been actively involved in the area of research with national and international peer-reviewed publication.
Mr. Khatwa has three adorable children and a lovely wife. He has a love of music. He used to play basketball at club level and enjoys swimming.
Rhinology and management of Snoring including surgery.
Ear Surgery, General ENT and Paediatric ENT.
Snoring and Rhinology.
English, German and Arabic
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Mohamed Abo Khatwa at Nuffield Health
- Rhinoplasty (or nose reshaping)
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS)
- Deviated septum (Septoplasty)
- Antral washout
- Otoplasty (ear correction / ear repositioning)
- Balloon Sinuplasty
- Grommet insertion
- Middle ear surgery
Mr. Khatwa has a great interest in research and he has made a concerted effort to contribute to various projects throughout his career. He has a specialist interest in snoring and sleep medicine research, He has been involved in the following research projects and publications. He has about 19 publications in national and International peer-reviewed journals. For example:
1. EZ Osman, MM Abo-Khatwa, PD Hill, BW Lee, JE Osborne. ‘Palatal surgery for snoring: objective long-term evaluation’ Clinical Otolaryngology 2003; 28: 257-261
2. MM Abo-Khatwa, EZ Osman, PD Hill, BW Lee, JE Osborne. ‘Objective evaluation of tongue base snoring after the use of an oral appliance’ Clinical Otolaryngology 2008; 33: 592-5
3. A Eweiss, MM Abo Khatwa, H Zeitoun. ‘Trifurcate middle turbinate; an unusual anatomical variation’ Rhinology Journal 2008 Sep; 46(3):2
4. MM Abo Khatwa, A Khan, JE Osborne. ‘Surgical Emphysema, A rare complication following Cochlear Implantation’ Cochlear Implants International 2007; 8(3): 158-161
5. MM Abo-Khatwa, S Abouel-Enin, O Klimach, JE Osborne. ‘A Rectal Snare to Remove a Hypopharyngeal Haemangioma’ Journal of Laryngology & Otology 2007;121: 179-181.
6. SEJ Farmer, MA Khatwa, HMM Zeitoun. Peritonsillar abcess after tonsillectomy: a review of the literature. Ann R Coll Surg Engl 2011;93:353-7
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Ear Nose & Throat UK
- European Rhinology Society
- British Rhinology Society
Other post held
- Consultant Otolaryngologist in Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital
Insurers Mr Mohamed Abo Khatwa works with
Mr Mohamed Abo Khatwa works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP Healthcare
Mr Mohamed Abo Khatwa does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Mohamed Abo Khatwa does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Mohamed Abo Khatwa does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.