Mark Coleman has been a Consultant Surgeon at Derriford Hospital, Plymouth since 2001. He has been the National Lead Clinician of the Lapco National Training Programme in laparoscopic colorectal surgery since September 2008. He was the Colorectal National Advisor to the Department of Health (DH) Enhanced Recovery Partnership Programme from January 2009 until June 2010 and National Advisor to the DH National Training Programme for low rectal cancer (LoReC) from 2010-11. He is RCS (England) Deputy Regional Speciality Professional Advisor for General Surgery for South West England. He is a member of the Peninsula Deanery School of Surgery Board. He is on the Executive Council of the Association of Coloproctologists of Great Britain and Ireland as Chairman of External Affairs.
Laparoscopic (Keyhole) Surgery.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Mark Coleman at Nuffield Health
- Colorectal surgery
- Hernia repair
- "Phalangeal injuries resulting from finger wrestling". Shewring D.J. and Coleman M.G., The Journal of Hand Surgery – British Volume (1992) 17(5): 579.
- Fellow Association of Coloproctologists Great Britain and Ireland
- Fellow Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Fellow Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
Other posts held
- Consultant Surgeon, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth
Insurers Mr Mark Coleman works with
Mr Mark Coleman works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- Benenden Health
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
Mr Mark Coleman does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Mark Coleman does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Mark Coleman holds the following paid advisory role(s) either at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health:
Mr Mark Coleman is part of the National Medical Advisory Group (NMAG), which is a paid role