Marc Lamah is a the Senior Colorectal Surgeon at Brighton and Sussex University Hospital, where he has been a Consultant for 20 years and is Lead of the Department of Surgery.
He studied medicine at Cambridge University and completed his surgical training in London.
Mr Lamah has extensive experience in general and colorectal surgery and his specialist interests are in colon and rectal cancer, chronic constipation and anorectal disorders, including haemorrhoids, rectocele and faecal incontinence. He is also an expert screening colonoscopist.
- General and colorectal surgery
- Screening colonoscopist
- Colon, anal and rectal cancer
- Chronic constipation
- Anorectal disorders - haemorrhoids / rectocele / faecal incontinence
- Rectal bleeding
- Abdominal pain
- Colon polyps
- Colectomy (Laparoscopic)
- Anal pain / anal fistula / anal abscess / anal fissure
- Hernia repair
French literature, classical music, tennis.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Marc Lamah at Nuffield Health
- Endoscopic ultrasound
- Ileal pouch anal anastomosis
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Hernia repair
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
- Colorectal screening
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Rectal examination under anaesthetic (or rectal EUA)
- Colorectal surgery
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy (or gastroscopy)
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Anterior resection
Marc Lamah has published over 20 original papers and several book chapters.
- British Medical Association
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
Other post held
- Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
Insurers Mr Marc Lamah works with
Mr Marc Lamah works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Marc Lamah does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Marc Lamah does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Marc Lamah does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.