- Specialities Ophthalmology
- Telephone 01223 370 922
- Year of first qualification 1999
- GMC Number 4680754
- Fax 01223 281310
Mr Ong qualified from the University of Melbourne, Australia in 1999. He then moved to the UK and trained in General Medical in London, obtaining Membership in the Royal College of Physicians.
He completed his Higher Specialist Training in Ophthalmology at Addenbrooke’s Hospital Cambridge and Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital. During this time, he completed advanced subspecialty fellowship training in both medical and surgical management of retinal disorders.
- By arrangement
- Consultant Ophthalmologist Addenbrooke’s Hospital
Small incision Cataract Surgery, Medical Retinal disorders (incl. Vascular Degeneration, Diabetic Retinopathy and Vascular disorders), Vitreo-Retinal Surgery (incl. Retinal Detachment and Macula Surgery).
- Royal College of Ophthalmology
- Royal College of Physicians
- British and Eire Association of Vitreoretinal Surgeons
- European Society of Retinal Specialist
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- United Kingdom and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
During 2010-2011, Mr Ong was involved in stem cell and artificial retina (bionic eye) research in Moorfields Eye Hospital and The Institute of Ophthalmology in London.
His current research interest includes medical retina and vitreo-retinal surgery.
DeclarationMr Jong Min Ong works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Jong Min Ong does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Jong Min Ong does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Jong Min Ong does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.