Mr Banerjee has been a Consultant Urological Surgeon at Ipswich Hospital for the past 11 years. He is the lead clinician in Urology and General Surgery. Prior to taking up this position, he received extensive training both in the UK and India, in all aspects of urological surgery.
He has a wide experience in treating both common and complex urological problems and performs the majority of the complex operations carried out in the department. He has developed innovative surgical techniques like minimally invasive/key hole surgery for kidney stones and kidney cancer and laser operations for prostate and bladder cancer. Mr Banerjee has been involved in private practice since 2002.
- Operations for stones in urinary tract (PCNL, Ureteroscopy, LASER surgery)
- Operations on prostate (TURP, LASER Surgery, HOLEP)
- Laparoscopic ( Key hole) surgery for kidney tumour and other conditions
- Operations for bladder cancer (TURBT, Cystoscopy)
- Operations on penis and scrotum (Circumcision, Hydrocoel, Vasectomy, Cysts of Scrotum)
- All diagnostic procedures for common Urological conditions
Mr Banerjee is a keen follower of sports especially cricket and football. He lives in Ipswich with his wife who is a Gynaecologist, and his two children.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Gautam Banerjee at Nuffield Health
- Prostate surgery
- Vasectomy or male sterilisation
- Penile lesions (biopsy of)
- Laparoscopic urology
- Reconstructive surgery
- Female urology
- Transurethral resection of bladder tumour (TURBT)
- Prostate resection (TURP)
- Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP)
- Rezum for benign prostatic hyperplasia
Mr Banerjee’s primary interest is in clinical research.
He has conducted/supervised clinical research projects and has led meaningful audits. Many of those have been presented in national and international meetings.
He has over 50 publications to his credit and over 50 presentations in various national and international meetings covering a wide range of areas in Urology.
Mr Banerjee has a keen interest in teaching and training and is involved in the training of urology trainees and GPs.
He is an Educational Supervisor and Regional Trainer in Urology, and a National Examiner for FRCS.
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons Glasgow
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- Medical Defence Union
Other post held
- Consultant Urological Surgeon and Lead Clinician in Urology and General Surgery, Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust
Mr Gautam Banerjee does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Gautam Banerjee does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Gautam Banerjee does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.