Mr Hardwidge has been a Consultant Neurosurgeon since 1992.
- Clinical director of Neurosciences, stroke rehabilitation and spinal surgery at Brighton and Sussex University Hospital Trust
- Past Council Member Society of British Neurosurgeons
- Past President of British Skull Base Society
- Past President of European Skull Base Society
- Past Examiner and Board Member of Intercollegiate Fellowship in Neurosurgery
- Examiner for the international intercollegiate fellowship in Neurosurgery
Mr Hardwidge specialises in the following treatments at Nuffield Health Haywards Heath Hospital:
Skull base surgery, acoustic neuroma, trigeminal neuralgia, Chiari malformation, syringomyelia and degerative spinal surgery. Intradural spinal surgery, surgery for intracranial meningioma
Sailing, fly fishing, watching cricket and rugby.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Carl Hardwidge at Nuffield Health
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Lumbar discectomy
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Spinal (lumbar) Decompression
- Cervical Disc Replacement
- Cervical Spine Surgery
Mainly clinical research.
Basic research into mathematical modelling of syringomyelia.
- British Medical Association
- Society of British Neurosurgeons
- British Skull Base Society
- European Skull Base Society
- British Association of Spinal Surgeons
Other posts held
- Consultant Neurosurgeon and Clinical Director Hurstwood Park Neurological Centre, Haywards Heath
Insurers Mr Carl Hardwidge works with
Mr Carl Hardwidge works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Medical Care Direct
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
- Healix Healthcare
- Bupa Global
- Police Mutual
Mr Carl Hardwidge does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Carl Hardwidge does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Carl Hardwidge does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.