Brought up in Hathersage in the peak district, after qualifiying Tony Mander worked for the Cancer Research Campaign for 2 years proceeding with O&G as Senior Registrar at Kings College Hospital. Then NHS consultant in the North at Oldham and finally St Marys Manchester.
Tony developed a long standing interest in the Menopause and its management with the British Menopause Society over 30 years. Writing numerous leading books and articles on the topic and having involvement with recent NICE guidelines.
Tony sees a minimum of 100 menopause related consultations per year, of which at least 50 are new patients many with complex needs and comorbidities including premature ovarian (POI), previous cancer and cardiovascular problems.
- Menopause Health and lifestyle consultations
- Disability free life Expectancy,
The concept of disability-free life expectancy is of fundamental importance, as are health-related factors associated with the onset of disability, especially lesser-known causes of disability such as sarcopenia.
I seek to raise awareness of the interrelationship between nutrition, physical activity and life-style for improving health through life-course, particularly in later life, and to demonstrate how healthcare outcomes and policies can be improved with the adoption of a more nutrition-oriented approach.
Longevity and Healthy Ageing
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Anthony Mander at Nuffield Health
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- PMS clinic
Organisation of numerous Academic Meetings, at the RSM including ‘Osteoporosis from cradle to grave’ a full day meeting at the Royal Society of Medicine in conjunction with the National Osteoporosis Society, and Alzheimer’s Society ‘Nutrition, cognition and Alzheimer’s’. Editorial Activities including reviewing articles for Journals and Book reviewing. Joint Editor – 3 Books see publications –Highly Commended Award - BMA book awards 2005 for “Managing the Menopause without Oestrogen”. Member of editorial boards of 3 Journals
- President of the Forum of Food and Health Royal Society of Medicine, London.
- Royal Society of Medicine
- Treasurer and Council Member, British Menopause Society
- Royal College of Obstetricians &
- Accredited Menopause Specialist British Menopause Society
- European Menopause Society
Other posts held
- Consultant Gynaecologist, Apollonia House, Oldham, BMI & Nuffield Hospitals
- Honorary Contract Manchester University Institute of Cancer Sciences
- Examiner with Manchester University Medical School
- Advance Trainer Faculty of Family Planning RCOG Special Skills Menopause
Mr Anthony Mander does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Anthony Mander does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Anthony Mander does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.