Miss Despina Mavridou
BSc, MBChB, MRCOG, British Fertility Accretited
GMC number: 6057923
Practicing since: 2002
- Mondays PM
- Wednesday AM
- Miss Mavridou does not see children under 16
Or call us on
Miss Despina Mavridou is a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust.
She is the Lead Clinician for the Fertility Services there, having trained as a Fellow in Fertility and Assisted Conception.
Miss Mavridou is a graduate of St Andrews University, Scotland and Victoria University Medical School in Manchester. After her junior resident years in the UK, Despina spent some years in the United States initially as a research fellow in the development of group B streptococcus Vaccine at Harvard University where she was A Harvard University Scholar.
She then stayed on to do her Obstetrics and Gynaecology residency in St Louis, Missouri before returning to the UK.
Miss Mavridou has special interest fertility, polycystic ovarian syndrome, assessment of ovarian reserve and is passionate about fertility preservation. She also specialises in abnormal uterine bleeding, endometriosis, adenomyosis, minimal access surgery, outpatient hysteroscopy, hysteroscopic surgery part of fertility treatment.
Ms Mavridou is a member for:
- British Fertility Society, European Society for Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE)
- British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy (BSGE)
- Royal College of Obstetrician and Gynaecologist (RCOG)
- British Fertility Society
Please note, if you would like to see Miss Mavridou in relation to fertility, these appointments are longer and cannot be booked online, please contact us at 01892 552919 to book.
- Abnormal Uterine bleeding
- Minimal Access
- Hysteroscopic surgery and outpatient hysteroscopy
- Recurrent Miscarriages
- Premature menopause
- Post menopausal bleeding
Treatments and tests offered by Miss Despina Mavridou at Nuffield Health
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- Vaginal Prolapse Surgery
- Hysterosalpingo contrast sonography (HyCoSy)
Locations Miss Despina Mavridou works with
Other posts held
- Maidstone and Tunbridge wells NHS Fertility Lead Consultant Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Clinical modulator lecturer at Kent Medway Medical School (KMMS)
Insurers Miss Despina Mavridou works with
Miss Despina Mavridou works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa Global
- Bupa On Demand
- Cigna International
Miss Despina Mavridou does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Miss Despina Mavridou does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Miss Despina Mavridou does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.