Dr Hajela was Regional Chair of the British Society for Rheumatology from 2014-17 and has been an examiner for the Royal College of Physicians PACES exam since 2005.
He is involved in teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels and has given lectures in the field of rheumatology and service provision at numerous regional and national meetings.
- Non-specific musculoskeletal pain
- Connective tissue diseases
- Inflammatory arthritis
- Non-specific and regional joint and muscular pain
- Arthritis (inflammatory and non-inflammatory)
- Including: gout, rheumatoid arthritis, pseudogout, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, post infectious arthritic syndromes.
- Fibromyalgia and related disorders
- Back and neck pain
- Polymyalgia and GCA (temporal arteritis)
- Connective tissue diseases and vasculitis e.g. lupus (SLE), Sjogren’s, myositis, scleroderma and polyangiitis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and work related upper limb pain
Mainly clinical research involving inflammatory arthritis, osteoporosis and service redesign.
- British Society for Rheumatology
- Royal College of Physicians
- National Association of Clinical Tutors
Other post held
- Consultant in Rheumatology and Acute Medicine at Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
Insurers Dr Vijay Hajela works with
Dr Vijay Hajela works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- Exeter Family Friendly
Dr Vijay Hajela does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Vijay Hajela does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Vijay Hajela does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.