- Specialities Sports Medicine
- Telephone 01242 246530
- Year of first qualification 1985
- Email Michelle.firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 2981374
- Fax 01242 246501
Dr Jaques FFSEM(uk) FRCP has been involved in Sports Medicine for the last 30 years and is the Director of Medical Services at the English Institute of Sport (EIS), which provides medicine and sports science services to summer and winter Olympic and paralympic athletes. He is based in the EIS South West Region at Bath University where some of the Olympic athletes train.
He is a Fellow of the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine where he is the immediate past President of the Faculty of Sport and Exercise medicine (UK) (2012-15).
He was awarded Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians, London in 2017.
He attended the Atlanta, Sydney, Athens, Beijing and London Olympics with Team GB and the Kuala Lumpur and Manchester Commonwealth Games with the England Team. From 1989-2007 He was Medical Advisor to the British Triathlon Association. He lectures on many aspects of sports medicine and has published in the British Journal of Sports medicine and the Lancet.
He was appointed to the British Olympic Medical Centre, London in 1998 – 2001 and joined the EIS in 2003. At Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital he works in private practice with a multidisciplinary team of physiotherapists, strength and conditioning, podiatry, nutritionist, sports psychologist, musculo-skeletal radiologists and orthopaedic consultants.
He has authored the Professional code for the FSEM, and the sports medicine and science professional code for the Home Country Sports Institutes in the UK and is currently assisting in structuring an international curriculum in Sport and Exercise medicine.
- Monday AM and PM
- Thursday AM and PM
- Director of Medical Services and Consultant in Sport and Exercise Medicine, English Institute of Sport, SW Region, Bath University
- Overuse injuries in sportsmen/women
- Exercise related leg injuries
- Endurance Exercise Medicine
- Hip, Knee and Ankle Injuries
- Rehabilitation medicine
Distance and open water swimming
- Fellow Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine
- Royal College of General Practitioners
- British Association of Sport and Exercise Medicine
- English Institute of Sport
- Lecturer on the BASEM Introductory course 1993-99.
- Lecturer MSc course in Nutrition and Physical Activity, London Hospital, 1992-99.
- Lecturer on Univ. of Bristol MSC Exercise and Health Science Course since 1995-03
Bath Distance Learning Course in Sports and Exercise Medicine. Tutor on the course. ‘The Leg’ Module , Bath University, Distance Learning Course in Sports Medicine, 1993
Numerous Lectures to Doctors , Physios, students at UK conferences and meetings
Athletic Amenorrhoea and Bone density.
The effect of HRT on low bone density in a cohort of elite female athletes .
Physical and psychological aspects of Overtraining syndrome, in collaboration with the University of Gloucestershire
DeclarationDr Rod Jaques works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Rod Jaques does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Rod Jaques does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Rod Jaques does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.