Dr Wamil is a Consultant Cardiologist specialising in heart failure, cardiomyopathies and advanced cardiac imaging. She was awarded British Heart Foundation fellowships twice: first, in 2004, to undertake her postgraduate training at the University of Edinburgh for which she received a MSc and PhD degrees in cardiovascular science and second, to continue her post-doctoral research at the University of Oxford in 2016. Dr Wamil trained in cardiology at the Oxford University Hospitals. This included fellowships in cardiac imaging and heart failure. During this period, she gained formal accreditations in echocardiography, cardiac CT and cardiac magnetic resonance as well as formal recognition of her medical degrees and sub-speciality training in the USA. Dr Wamil leads cardiac magnetic resonance service at the Great Western Hospital NHS Trust. Working together with colleagues from the Oxford Inherited Cardiomyopathy department, she delivers ICC service.
Dr Wamil’s dual accreditation in General Medicine and Cardiology enables her to approach patient care in a truly holistic manner. It also allows her to better assist patients with multiple comorbidities.
As an expert in heart diseases associated with diabetes, she is a member the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) committee and conducts research utilising randomised controlled trials, Artificial Intelligence and digital health technologies. She has authored numerous publications and has given talks at international conferences.
- Heart failure
- Heart diseases associated with Diabetes
- Inherited Cardiomyopathies,
- Family screening
- Valve pathologies
- Heart diseases of elderly people with co-morbidities
- Non-invasive assessment of coronary artery disease with cardiac computed tomography (CTCA),
- Perfusion cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR) and stress echo
- Management of high cardiovascular risk
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Malgorzata (Gosia) Wamil at Nuffield Health
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Cardiovascular risk profile
- Transthoracic echocardiogram (TTE)
- CT scan (or CAT scan)
- MRI scan
Gosia completed the British
Heart Foundation MSc/PhD programme in Cardiovascular Science/Diabetology at the
University of Edinburgh in 2008 and British Heart Foundation CRE post-doctoral
fellowship in cardiovascular imaging at the University of Oxford in 2017. She has previously
worked as a post-doctoral researcher in the Acute Vascular Imaging Centre and
at the Diabetes Trials Unit/University of Oxford and at the MGH/Harvard University. She currently holds honorary research position at the Deep Medicine department at the University of Oxford.
Her research interests include cardiovascular complications of diabetes, poor healing of the diabetic heart after heart attacks and mechanisms of heart failure development in people with diabetes. Her research experience spans from molecular biology and drug development projects to large-scale clinical trials.
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) Diabetes Pharma committee member
- Royal College of Physicians
- Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance
- Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
- British Society of Echocardiography
- British Society of Magnetic Resonance
- European Cardiology Society
Other posts held
- Cardiology consultant at the Great Western Hospital in Swindon
- Mayo Clinic in London
- Visiting consultant at the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford
Insurers Dr Malgorzata (Gosia) Wamil works with
Dr Malgorzata (Gosia) Wamil works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Aviva Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Malgorzata (Gosia) Wamil does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Malgorzata (Gosia) Wamil does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Malgorzata (Gosia) Wamil does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.