Dr Hawkins has worked in the NHS for over twenty years since qualifying as a clinical psychologist and has a wealth of experience as a clinician, leader and manager embedding a culture of outcome / evidence-based high-quality care in line with NICE and national guidance.
She has been a speaker at National Conferences including the Annual Alzheimer’s Society Conference and regularly provide teaching to the local clinical doctorate course.
Dr Hawkins has a broad range of experience of working with people of all ages with complex problems, those who have difficulties dealing with the impact of their health on their lives and in dealing with their life circumstances generally. She also has particular expertise in relation to old age, and dementia
Dr Hawkins specialises in the following treatments, tests and scans at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital:
Neuropsychology, mental health, older people and dementia of all ages (including under 65yrs).
I enjoy most aspects of keeping fit but in particular, swimming and jogging & I have recently learnt to ride a bike for the first time to enable me to keep up with my children as they can now pedal faster than I can run!
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Jayne Hawkins at Nuffield Health
- Dementia and delirium screening
- Neuropsychological assessment and rehabilitation
I have a keen interest in research and have supervised numerous projects, service evaluations and research. My own thesis was a qualitative study of the impact of a diagnosis of dementia in people aged under sixty-five.
- Health Care Professionals Council (HCPC)
- British Psychological Society (BPS) Division of Clinical Psychology (DCP)
- Faculty of Old Age, and Leadership & Management Faculty, Division of Neuropsychology (DoN)
- Yorkshire & the Humber Clinical Senate
- The Accreditation Committee for Psychological Therapies Services (APPTS) hosted by the BPS & the Royal College of Psychiatrists (RCPSYCH)
Other posts held
- Consultant clinical psychologist and neuropsychologist, Leeds & York Partnerships NHS Foundation Trust
Dr Jayne Hawkins does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Jayne Hawkins does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Jayne Hawkins does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.