Jay Jindal is a highly qualified audiologist with a doctorate degree in audiology and 13+ years of experience in NHS and independent sectors in UK.
Jay is NHS trained and has a vast experience of dealing with hearing and balance issues in both children and adults. In fact, the youngest person he saw for a hearing assessment and hearing aid prescription was a two weeks old little baby; and the oldest person was a 106 years old former boxer.
Clinical services provided:
- Hearing assessment for children (0-18 years) and adults
- Earwax removal via microsuction
- Hearing aid prescription for children and adults
- Balance or dizziness assessment for children and adults
- Auditory processing disorder assessment for children and adults
- Tinnitus assessment, information and advice
- Noise protection devices, swim/music/sleep plugs for all age groups
With additional training in speech therapy and aural rehabilitation, he has an added advantage of understanding the communication issues that can arise irrespective of hearing loss. For example, he once identified a gentleman with comprehension problem known as 'receptive aphasia' who was deemed to be a poor user of hearing aids as he was not able to understand his family. On another occasion, he identified a specific issue known as 'wide vestibular aqueduct' in a school going girl that can cause fluctuating hearing loss, who was deemed to be 'making up' her hearing loss.
Jay is a member of Fitness-To-Practice (FTP) panel of the UK's regulatory body for hearing aid audiologists-Health and Care Professional Council. He is also appointed as Professional Development Consultant for the audiology professional body- British Society of Hearing Aid Audiologists. He is a member of the prestigious Professional Guidance Group of British Society of Audiologists, and is key author or reviewer of the national guidance produced via this group.
Jay has keen interest in academics and research. He has various national and international publications to his credit. He organises his own clinical audiology courses and is often asked to deliver lectures at various national and international conferences, seminars etc.
- Adult Audiology
- Paediatric Audiology (0-18)
- Auditory Processing Disorders
Reading, Travelling and Photography
English, Hindi, Punjabi
NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL PUBLICATIONS (as first or second author)
- UK national guidance on probe microphone measurement for fitting hearing devices. Publication due in Spring 2018. Available at https://www.thebsa.org.uk/resources/
- Personality changes in post operative laryngectomy cases. ENT Journal. Aug 2008, 87(8): E5
- Can self-assessment of communication predict hearing loss? A study. Journal of Laryngology and Otology. May 2007, 121 (5): 435-437
- Progression of auditory deficit in Systemic lupus erythematosus. Bull PGI. 2006; 41: 71-71
- Reversible hearing loss associated with high voltage electricity. Journal of Laryngology and Otology. Aug 2005, 119:631-33
- Narcotic induced ototoxicity. Bull PGI. July 2005, 38:27-29
- Assistive listening devices for the hard of hearing. Indian Journal of Otology. Dec 2004, 10:18-22
1. Audiology Instrument Review: Inventis Viola
2. Connectivity with hearing devices for music and speech
3. Cortical Evoked Response Audiometry (CERA): How I do It!
4. Auditory Processing Disorder: Article Based on a Recent Live Chat
5. Is music damaging your hearing?
- Registration Council for Clinical Physiologists, UK
- British Academy of Audiologists, UK
- Health and Care Professions Council, UK (Hearing Aid Dispenser)
- British Society of Audiologists
- British Society of Hearing Aid Audiologists
- National Community Hearing Association
Insurers Dr Jay Jindal works with
Dr Jay Jindal works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Jay Jindal does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Jay Jindal has the following interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital:
Owns equipment used during the audiology clinic, includes TDH Headset, INS Phone, Bone conductor trans, Loop Back tester, Chartr EP 200 Vemp Monit Kit, no fee arrangements
Dr Jay Jindal does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.