Dr Dwayne Conway is a Consultant Cardiologist with a special interest in Coronary Intervention.
He qualified from the University of Birmingham in 1995, followed by 11 years of postgraduate training in Birmingham, Warwick, York, Plymouth, London and Leeds, and a 12-month Interventional Cardiology Fellowship at Dalhousie University, Canada. He completed Cardiology Specialty Training in 2006 and is on the GMC Specialist Register.
He is a member of the Interventional Cardiology team at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, serving a population of over 1.5 million across Sheffield, Barnsley, Rotherham, Doncaster and Chesterfield. He previously worked as Consultant Interventional Cardiologist at Freeman Hospital, Leeds General Infirmary and Pinderfields Hospital, where he established the coronary intervention service in 2010, and was lead clinician for governance and procurement for that service until relocating to Sheffield in 2020.
A keen educator, he is committed to developing the next generation and has directed regional and national courses for trainee cardiologists, including for the British Cardiovascular Intervention Society (BCIS). He is the Deputy Training Programme Director for Cardiology in South Yorkshire.
In 2004, he was awarded MD with honours by the University of Birmingham for his thesis “The prothrombotic state in Atrial Fibrillation: potential mechanisms and clinical significance”.
- Coronary Heart Disease
- Myocardial Infarction
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (angiography and angioplasty)
- General Cardiology
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Heart Failure
- Heart Valve Disease
- Patient information and shared decision-making
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Dwayne Sean Gavin Conway at Nuffield Health
- Blood test
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Cardiovascular risk profile
- Transthoracic echocardiogram (TTE)
- CT scan (or CAT scan)
- DVLA Testing and Driving Risk Profile
- Interventional cardiology
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM)
- Assessment of all Aspects of Cardiology
- Artery Assessment
- Carotid doppler
- Drug and medication monitoring
- Coronary Angioplasty (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention or PCI)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
- British Cardiovascular Society
- British Cardiovascular Intervention Society
- European Association of Percutaneous
- Coronary Intervention
- British Medical Association
- Medical Defence Union
Other posts held
- Consultant Interventional Cardiologist at Northern General Hospital – Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Dr Dwayne Sean Gavin Conway works with
Dr Dwayne Sean Gavin Conway works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Bupa Global
- Bupa On Demand
- Cigna International
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Dwayne Sean Gavin Conway does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Dwayne Sean Gavin Conway does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Dwayne Sean Gavin Conway does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.