Dr Benjamin Dyer is a Consultant Cardiologist with experience in all areas of cardiology. His subspecialty interests include Heart Failure(HF) and Cardiac Devices (the implantation, monitoring and optimisation of pacemakers and defibrillators for patients with HF and heart rhythm problems).
He graduated from Imperial College London in 2007 with a Distinction in Clinical Practice and the Cheadle Prize for 2nd overall best performance in Clinical Medicine. During his undergraduate studies, he undertook an intercalated BSc(Hons) in Cardiovascular Sciences.
Dr Dyer’s clinical training was undertaken in Central London at Hammersmith, Chelsea & Westminster, Royal Marsden, Royal Brompton, St George’s, and St Thomas’ Hospitals.
He completed a PhD at the National Heart & Lung Institute, London. He has undertaken clinical postgraduate study at the University of Zürich, Switzerland on the competitive European Heart Academy’s prestigious 2-year Heart Failure Postgraduate Course at Universitätsspital Zürich.
Dr Dyer was Consultant Cardiologist at St Thomas’ Hospital, London before realising his long-held ambition to move his family to Exeter in December 2019.
He sees patients with any symptom or concern about
their heart, including chest pain, palpitations, breathlessness, high blood
pressure, as well as undertaking 'Heart Health' checks in patients worried
about a family history or medical problems such as obesity.
- General Cardiology
- Heart Failure
- Cardiac Devices - implantation, monitoring and optimisation of pacemakers, cardiac resynchronisation therapy and defibrillators for patients with HF and heart rhythm problems
- Optimisation of cardiovascular health and wellness
- Medical weight management to improve cardiovascular outcomes
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Benjamin Dyer at Nuffield Health
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Event monitor
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator and cardiac resynchronisation therapy
- Family history screening
- Assessment of all Aspects of Cardiology
- Member of British Society of Heart Failure
- Member of European Society of Cardiology
- Member of European Society of Cardiology Heart Failure Association
- Member of European Heart Rhythm Association
Other posts held
- Consultant Cardiologist, Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital
Insurers Dr Benjamin Dyer works with
Dr Benjamin Dyer works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Bupa Global
- Bupa On Demand
Dr Benjamin Dyer does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Benjamin Dyer does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Benjamin Dyer does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.