Persistent and severe bouts of indigestion (dyspepsia) or gastroesophageal reflux can cause scarring in your oesophagus. Over time your oesophagus can narrow. This is called an oesophageal stricture.

Symptoms of oesophageal stricture may include:

Your GP may refer you to a specialist consultant for diagnosis. A procedure called an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy will allow your consultant to view your oesophagus and access any inflammation or scarring.

Treatment for oesophageal stricture varies depending on the severity and your own situation. Your consultant will recommend treatment that is right for you.

Get in touch

Fill in an enquiry form below or call us

Thank you

A member of the team will respond to you soon.

Digestive health

A nutritionist's 10-step guide to healthy digestion

Suffering from poor digestion can be a miserable experience. You may be experiencing symptoms of bloating, diarrhoea, constipation or gas, which can make life very uncomfortable.

Read full article