It’s highly nutritious, fresh and healthy. Bring it out for your family and friends.
- 2 smoked mackerel fillets, skinned and flaked
- 350g new potatoes
- 100g crème fraîche
- 1tsp horseradish cream
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 85g rocket
- 85g spinach
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling salted water for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, mix the crème fraîche in a large bowl with the horseradish cream and lemon juice. Season well with freshly ground black pepper (there’s no need for salt because of the saltiness of the smoked mackerel).
- Drain the potatoes, halve and set aside to cool down for a few minutes. Tip into the crème fraîche mix and stir so it coats them and becomes quite runny. Now add the smoked mackerel and then rocket and spinach and toss together gently.
- Pile onto plates and serve straight away. It’s best warm, but also delicious chilled.
Last updated Wednesday 27 January 2016
First published on Wednesday 26 August 2015