Banana and raisin bread
- 4 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 75g sultanas or raisins
- 75g softened butter
- 115g wholemeal self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/350°F.
- Mix together the beaten eggs and the mashed bananas.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Transfer to an oiled loaf tin and bake for 40 minutes until cooked through.
Bananas are a good source of vitamin B6, manganese, vitamin C, potassium, dietary fibre, protein, magnesium and folic acid which provide energy and support healthy growth.
Wednesday 9 September 2015
If your children refuse to eat certain foods, you’re not alone. Here's some of the most common reasons for fussy eating.
Children can need some encouragement to eat a healthy and varied diet. Here's some strategic nutritional advice for parents in need of inspiration.