Banana and raisin bread
- 4 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 75g sultanas or raisins
- 75g softened butter
- 115g wholemeal self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/350°F.
- Mix together the beaten eggs and the mashed bananas.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Transfer to an oiled loaf tin and bake for 40 minutes until cooked through.
Bananas are a good source of vitamin B6, manganese, vitamin C, potassium, dietary fibre, protein, magnesium and folic acid which provide energy and support healthy growth.
Last updated Monday 30 March 2020
First published on Wednesday 9 September 2015