- 4 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 75g sultanas or raisins
- 75g softened butter
- 115g wholemeal self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/350°F.
- Mix together the beaten eggs and the mashed bananas.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Transfer to an oiled loaf tin and bake for 40 minutes until cooked through.
Bananas are a good source of vitamin B6, manganese, vitamin C, potassium, dietary fibre, protein, magnesium and folic acid which provide energy and support healthy growth.
Last updated Monday 19 August 2019