Terms & Conditions for Tunbridge Wells Hospital Art Competition
- The Competition is open to children aged between 4 to 11 years (inclusive) who are resident in the United Kingdom (“Entrant”).
- All competition entries must be submitted with a fully completed consent form (as laid out in the Competition flyer) by a parent or legal guardian over the age of 18 years on behalf of the Entrant.
- The Competition will be open from 00:00 on 14 January 2024 until 23:59 on 15 February 2024 (“Competition Period”).
- By entering the Competition, the parent or legal guardian of the Entrant agrees to the Competition Terms & Conditions on behalf of the Entrant.
- Please do not submit any entries outside of the Competition Period. Entries submitted outside of the Competition Period will not be valid and will automatically be disallowed from the Competition.
- The Competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- A valid email address is required for entry.
- To enter the Competition, Entrants are required to either paint or draw by hand or electronically a picture relating to one of the following themes:
a. Under the Sea
b. Safari animals
c. Cartoon characters
- The entries must be of A4 size and clearly state the name & age of the Entrant on the reverse of the entry.
- Each entry must be accompanied by a fully completed consent form (as laid out in the Competition flyer). Entries that are not accompanied by a fully completed consent form will automatically be disallowed from the Competition.
- Entries must be either posted to or delivered by hand to Tunbridge Wells Hospital and marked for the attention of Gayle Nicholson:
Tunbridge Wells Hospital
- A maximum of one (1) entry per Entrant is permitted. Where more than one entry is submitted per Entrant then only the first entry received will be counted as part of the Competition and any additional entries will be disallowed.
- There will be six (6) winners of the Competition.
- Each winner will receive a book and a Nuffy Bear soft toy. Books will be selected once the winners have been chosen and have accepted the prize by email. Each book will be age-appropriate for the selected winner.
- The winners’ entries will be displayed in the paediatric ward at Tunbridge Wells Hospital.
- The Promoter reserves the right to display any Entrant’s entry that has not been selected as a winning entry in the paediatric ward at Tunbridge Wells Hospital.
- The entries will be judged and the winners selected between 16 February 2024 and 28 February 2024 by the Health System Director and Director of Clinical Services of Tunbridge Wells Hospital.
- The parent or legal guardian of each winner will be notified of their winning entry by email by 29 February 2024.
- Within five (5) days of the winner confirmation email being sent, the parent or legal guardian of the winner must respond to that email to state that they accept the prize. If the winner does not accept the prize within five (5) days of the winner confirmation email being sent, the winner will forfeit the prize and the Promoter reserves the right to reallocate the prize to another Entrant.
- By entering the Competition, each Entrant (and each parent or legal guardian of the Entrant) agree that (i) the entry may be used by the Promoter in any associated publicity, including the Promoter’s social media channels & website and third party publications, and (ii) the entry may be displayed in the paediatric ward at Tunbridge Wells Hospital together with the Entrant’s first name and age.
- The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation, the Promoter will send the first name, age and country of residence of each winner to anyone who emails firstname.lastname@example.org 30 days of the end of the Competition Period.
- The winner consents to sharing their first name, age and country of residence to anyone who emails email@example.com within 30 days of the end of the Competition Period. If you object to any or all of your first name, age or country of residence and winning entry being made available, please contact the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org. In such circumstance, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to any statutory or regulatory body upon request or otherwise as required by law.
- By entering the Competition, each Entrant grants the Promoter a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual and irrevocable licence to use the copyright in their entry for the purpose of (i) publicly displaying their entry together with their name and age at Tunbridge Wells Hospital and on Nuffield Health internal & external website & social media platforms, and (ii) publishing the entry together with their name and age in third party publications, such as local publications. For the avoidance of doubt, this licence fully reserves the right of the Entrant to fully exploit the copyright themselves.
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the Competition will be final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The Promoter will not amend any contact information once the Entrant has submitted their entry.
- The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize as stated. No cash alternative is available.
- Entries must not contain any obscene, blasphemous or defamatory matter.
- The Promoter does not take any responsibility for entries which are lost, damaged, misdirected, or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, fault, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- The Promoter seeks to run a fair and secure Competition and prevent abuse and cheating. If you enter in a way that is not consistent with these Terms & Conditions, your entry will be disqualified, any prize awarded may be void and recoverable and the Promoter reserves the right to bar you from entering future Competitions at its discretion.
- The Promoter may at any point verify the eligibility of an Entrant’s or winner’s parent or legal guardian by requesting such information it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose, including proof of identity. Entry or a prize may be withheld until verification is completed.
- The Promoter may, without liability, hold void, cancel, modify or suspend the Competition should it not be capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any delay or failure to comply with its obligations for reasons beyond its reasonable control including but not limited to Acts of God, global or regional epidemic or pandemic, adverse weather conditions, fire, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, natural calamities, or any other circumstances.
- By entering the Competition, the parent or legal guardian of the Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Promoter from any liability whatsoever for any actions, claims, demands, proceedings, costs, expenses, injuries, liabilities, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Competition or with the acceptance, possession, attendance at or use of the prize (except death or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s negligence, for fraud, or otherwise as prohibited by law).
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Competition or accepting or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the law of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- The Promoter is Nuffield Health, Epsom Gateway, Ashley Avenue, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5AL (Company no. 576970).
HOW TO ENTER
WINNER SELECTION PROCESS
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS