Personal Training Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to your purchase of all personal trainer (Personal Trainer) sessions and/or consultations (Personal Training).
Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions form part of your agreement with Nuffield Health.
- Your agreement with us is made up of your completed and signed Personal Training membership agreement form, these terms and conditions and the terms of club use. These documents together form a legal agreement between us, so please make sure that you read them carefully and understand them. If you have any questions, please ask a member of our team at any club.
Purchasing Sessions and Bookings
- Session purchases can be made on-line or in person at the front desk of your club.
- Session bookings must be made with the Personal Trainer who will contact you.
- When you purchase your session, you can request your preferred choice of Personal Trainer. You will be contacted within 24 hours of your purchase and we will inform you if we are able to accommodate your request or, alternatively, to discuss your personal goals and to allocate a Personal Trainer.
- All payments must be made in full, either in person at the front desk of your club or on-line.
- All payments must be made in full prior to any sessions being undertaken.
- If you purchase sessions in person, you will receive a copy of this agreement, along with a receipt for any payment of sessions you make. If you purchase online, you should retain a copy of this agreement, the terms and conditions and receipt for any payment of session purchases you make.
Direct Debit Payments for Personal Training
- Direct debit is available for Personal Training pack purchase options only.
- All direct debit Personal Training sessions must be used within the calendar month to which they relate. Any such sessions not used within the calendar month will be lost without any refund and may not be carried over into the following months.
- There is a 3-month minimum commitment to all direct debit Personal Training pack purchase options. 3 full months must be completed before you will be entitled to cancel any sessions or any refund payments can be made.
- To ensure your direct debit starts by the 1st day of the following month, you will need to have completed this agreement online or to have signed and submitted this agreement in person, in either case by the 15th day of the current month.
- Top-up sessions for direct debit Personal Training are available at any time, and can only be purchased by those who have selected the direct debit Personal Training option.
- Members must have a current Nuffield club membership paid by direct debit to be able to take this direct debit Personal Training option.
- Direct debit Personal Training payments can only be taken from the same bank account that your current club membership is taken from. The payment will be shown on your bank statement as one combined total of Personal Trainer and membership fees, not separately.
- Payment will be taken on the 1st day of the month.
- If your Personal Trainer fails to give you 24 hours’ prior notice of any cancellation, you will be entitled to 1 extra hour of Personal Training, in addition to the session you missed.
- We require a minimum of 24 hours’ prior notice of any cancellation of any Personal Training sessions. This can be made directly through your club. If you do not provide a minimum of 24 hours’ prior notice, you may lose that session and no refund will be made to you.
- Any rearranged cancelled sessions will be at a time mutually agreed between you and the Personal Trainer.
Cancellation of Ongoing Training
- If you have completed 3 full months of direct debit Personal Training and you choose to finish your sessions going forward, you must notify your gym and we recommend that you do so in writing by email or letter to your club or by filling out a cancellation form at the front desk.
- If you want to cancel or change your direct debit you must tell us about the change before the 15th day of the month.
- If your Personal Trainer is more than 10 minutes late for your session you will be entitled to a complimentary session, along with any remaining time you still have for that session.
- If you are late for your session, your session will be reduced in accordance with that time. If you are more than 25 minutes late, your Personal Trainer may choose to cancel the session and you may lose that session, in which case no refund will be made.
Expiry and Extensions
- All Personal Training packs purchase options have a 90 day expiry, after which time any unused sessions will be lost and no refund will be made. This is to ensure we deliver all your required sessions to enable you to achieve your goals.
- You may extend Personal Training packs for between one month and 12 full calendar months for the following reasons only:
- Serious illness
- Serious injury
- To extend your Personal Training packs you must contact your club; we may ask you to provide proof of pregnancy, serious illness, serious injury or redundancy.
- Any other extensions are entirely at the discretion of the club general manager.
- If for any reason you are unhappy with your Personal Trainer, you may transfer to another personal trainer at any given time.
- In all circumstances, any sessions used with the previous Personal Trainer remain used.
- Your Personal Trainer cannot prescribe treatment or diagnose medical conditions. They may at any time ask to consult with your GP should any medical condition arise.
- If for any medical reason you are no longer able to complete any Personal Training sessions, you will be given a refund on any outstanding sessions. We may ask for you to provide proof from your GP.
- If you leave the club for any reason, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- If you relocate to another Nuffield Health club, any remaining sessions may be transferred on the same terms and conditions.
- If your Personal Trainer leaves the club, no refund will be given and you will be assigned another personal trainer by the club.
- Any other refunds are at the discretion of the club’s General Manager.