Paying for Yourself: Terms & Conditions
Below, we explain the Terms and Conditions that apply when you pay for treatment yourself.
If you require treatment we will provide a fixed quotation for this, subject to a clinical pre-assessment, and the service you require being provided by our hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital if this proves necessary. Our fixed quotation will be provided to you following a satisfactory consultant assessment and will remain fixed for 60 days.
These terms and conditions, together with the written quotation and the Agreement to Terms and Conditions, form the basis of our contract with you. The quotation we offer you is only valid once you have received written confirmation from us. This fixed quotation that we provide to you is valid for 60 days from the date of issue and will be sent following a satisfactory consultant assessment.
Our hospital and your consultant must be satisfied that you do not have any pre-existing medical conditions, or other factors, that are likely to give rise to complications, or the need for additional treatment, during your stay. Before confirming your admission we will use our clinical pre-assessment service to establish that we are able to treat you at our hospital. Our fixed quotation will not change during the 60 day period referred to above, but we reserve the right not to provide treatment if it is not clinically appropriate for us to do so.
You will be required to pay in full for your treatment before admission to hospital and before receiving any procedure.
You can pay by credit or debit card, or cheque. We require you to allow 10 working days for personal cheque clearance before you receive treatment.
No refund will be given if you decide not to proceed with the treatment after admission to hospital or if you decide to discharge yourself, at any time, against the advice of your consultant or the nursing staff.
You will not be admitted to our hospital until we receive payment in full in advance.
- For early cancellation (more than 14 days before planned treatment) a full refund will be given.
- For cancellation between 14 days and 24 hours of planned treatment cancellation charges of 50% of the total fee will apply.
- If you cancel within 24 hours of planned treatment or do not attend our hospital at the correct time, you will be liable for the full charge.
- Clinical pre-assessment charges will be included in the price you are quoted. If you decide not to go ahead with your treatment after admission to our hospital, you will be charged separately for services as appropriate.
- For any cancellation 14 days or fewer before planned treatment, where any item/s specific to your treatment has been ordered and cannot be returned, we will be entitled to charge you for such item/s unless your treatment is rescheduled within the 60 day period during which your quote remains valid.
- If following pre-assessment, your consultant determines it is not suitable to proceed with treatment a full refund will be given
The fixed quotation we provide will include any consultants’ fees for your treatment. Nuffield Health will collect those fees as agent for your consultant and anaesthetist who are independent practitioners. Consultants will charge you separately for your initial consultation/s.
Overseas Patients: This section only applies if you are not ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom.
- You must inform us in writing before or at the time of booking your treatment (and in any event before your treatment commences) if you are not ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom.
- You acknowledge and agree that:
- if you are not ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom, you are solely and fully liable to pay all fees, charges and other costs if you require NHS treatment (including, but not limited to, NHS emergency treatment) whilst you are in the United Kingdom, whether or not related to your treatment with us;
- you have made appropriate arrangements to pay for your treatment; and
- we may contact the Home Office and/or UK Border Agency to verify your immigration status and your leave to enter and remain in the United Kingdom for the purposes of your treatment.
- By signing and accepting these Terms & Conditions you confirm that you have valid leave to enter and remain in the United Kingdom for the purposes of your treatment, that you are fully compliant with all applicable immigration laws and criteria, and that you are lawfully permitted to receive the treatment we will be providing to you.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- All consultant fees for the duration of your stay
- Fees for out-patient consultations with your consultant following surgery, as clinically required in relation to your original procedure
- All hospital services e.g. room, nursing services, operating theatre charges
- Charges for the agreed prosthesis (where your procedure involves any prosthesis)
- Drugs and other materials used during your stay, excluding fertility treatments
- All additional costs necessary to provide your treatment e.g. hire of special instruments or equipment
- Critical care charges including any transfers to NHS critical care facilities
- Outpatient treatment that you may require after you leave hospital that relates to the procedure, including routine physiotherapy, removal of sutures, removal/application of plaster cast, routine radiology and pathology when provided by Nuffield Health
- Any re-admission to a Nuffield Health facility for medical complications arising from the original procedure, subject to following post operative recommendations as set out by your consultant
- A replacement prosthesis in accordance with the manufacturer’s warranty if the prosthesis fails during its expected lifetime.
The prices detailed in our quotation do not include:
- Any initial outpatient diagnostic services other than those directly related to clinical pre-assessment prior to admission
- Fees for outpatient consultations before surgery, which will be invoiced to you directly by your consultant unless otherwise specified. These prices are not set by Nuffield Health, but by your consultant.
- Personal charges for example, newspapers, guests’ food and beverages and telephone calls
- If you choose to remain an inpatient at a Nuffield Health hospital after your consultant has advised there is no clinical reason for you to stay, we will make an additional charge for each night that you remain in hospital
- Treatment of other conditions identified at pre-assessment which require a separate pathway of care
- A replacement prosthesis where required due to normal wear and tear
- Any long term care that may be required (whether provided at your home or otherwise)
- Any revision procedure which is not clinically required (clinically required means where further intervention and/or monitoring of your condition is deemed necessary as a direct result of the original surgical intervention)
Any outstanding balances will be notified to you by letter, email or SMS.