Nuffield Health Swim School's Terms and Conditions
Our group of highly qualified teachers are committed to help you reach your swimming goals. Please read the following terms and conditions fully prior to enrolment.
Our group swimming lessons run for 50 consecutive weeks over the year, with a two week break in December.
Nuffield Health’s swimming lessons are delivered in accordance with Swim England ‘Learn to Swim’ Programme criteria and outcomes. After enrolling, you will receive a welcome email on how to register for Homeportal. Here you will be able to:
- View your/your child’s progress
- Track your remaining lessons
- Make payments
- Group lessons are booked and paid for in blocks of 12 consecutive weeks (terms and conditions apply). No part payments will be accepted.
- Private lessons (1-to-1 and 2-to-1) are booked and paid for in advance in blocks of 4, 8 or 12. All private lesson packs have an expiry of 90-days. This means you can use your sessions for up to 90-days from purchase. However, if your sessions go past their expiry date and you have not used them within the 90-day window, then the sessions will be lost (barring medical or extenuating circumstances).
- When you/your child have 3 lessons or less remaining, we will send reminder emails informing you how to top-up, we advise you to process prior to the last lesson to ensure your slot.
- Successfully topping-up will ensure you/your child remain in the allocated lesson until you/your child are ready to move onto the next stage of development with us.
- Unsuccessful top-ups prior to the last lesson will result in being removed from the class, which may result in losing your/your child’s place.
- Current fees are shown at time of booking in your/your child’s Homeportal. Nuffield Health reserves the right to amend prices as required. You will be fully informed of any price changes prior to this amendment. You are required to inform Nuffield Health of any changes to your/your child’s membership status.
- If for any reason, Nuffield Health needs to cancel a swimming lesson your/your child’s swimming lessons credit will not be affected. NB: in adverse weather conditions, where the club remains open and scheduled lessons go ahead, credits will not be given to those who do not attend.
- You are responsible for providing adequate notice of any cancellation for private 1-to-1 and 2-to-1 lessons. Nuffield Health requires a minimum of 24 hours’ advance notice of cancellation for private lessons. Failure to provide this notice will result in a full deduction in your credits for the lesson(s) missed. NB: that a message left on an answer phone is not considered satisfactory notice.
- If your/your child’s course of swimming lessons are terminated for any reason we reserve the right to refuse you entry or ask you to leave our premises.
- If you/your child cannot attend a group lesson you will not be credited for that lesson.
- Nuffield Health Swim School does not provide refunds. Upon exceptional circumstances, credits may be issued. Credits may be issued upon the following proviso only; medical, in which medical documentation is provided.
- If a swimming teacher is absent, a temporary replacement teacher will cover the period of absence. Refunds or credits will not be made on lessons which have to be re-scheduled under these circumstances.
- If a swimming teacher leaves Nuffield Health, another teacher will take over the swimming lessons. Refunds or credits will not be provided by reason of a departure or change of teacher.
- Any lessons not attended will not be refunded, credited or rescheduled.
- Prior to, or during your/your child’s lessons, health concerns may arise that could affect your ability to continue safely with the lessons. In these circumstances, Nuffield Health reserves the right to require you to produce a note/letter from your doctor, physiotherapist or other appropriate health professional before continuing with your/your child’s swimming lessons. In the event that Nuffield Health determines (in its sole discretion) that health concerns are such that you/your child may not start or continue swimming lessons, any lessons paid for but not taken shall be refunded.
- Please be aware that your/your child’s swimming teacher (or other Nuffield Health staff) cannot diagnose and/or prescribe treatment for any form of injury, disease or other medical problem. Nuffield Health reserves the right to refuse registration or participation to the Swim School in the event any health concerns are identified on the booking form or otherwise, unless a medical note/letter from your doctor, as the case may be, your child’s doctor approving such swimming lessons has been provided to Nuffield Health.
- While Nuffield Health provide locker facilities, we will not accept any loss or damage of any personal effects brought in by a swimmer to a swimming lesson. You/your child are therefore requested to ensure that no valuable items are brought into swimming lessons.
- Swimmers, parents, guardians and all other associates, must observe the pool entry and pool viewing rules, and respect all other pool rules whilst in the pool. Pool staff retain the right to refuse admission and, in such circumstance, will not be liable for, or offer, any refunds or credits for any missed lessons.
- For health and safety reasons Nuffield Health requires that swimmers do not access poolside more than 5 minutes before the start of your/your child’s lesson. We do not encourage parents/guardians to stay on pool side during the lessons.
- Where the swimmer is a child, they must be collected from the pool on time. No child will be released until they are collected by an appointed responsible adult. The responsible adult must remain in the club premises and be contactable for the duration of the lesson.
- Nuffield Health treats the security of your/your child’s personal data with the utmost importance. We will only process your/your child’s data as is necessary for the provision or administration of the service