Warwickshire Hospital Competition & Markets Authority Declaration
Hospital services provided for consultants
In accordance with the requirements of the Competition & Markets Authority Private Healthcare Market Investigation Order 2014 (the Order) the details of services offered by the hospital to our consultant partners are detailed below.
Consulting rooms are made available to referring clinicians or those that hold practising privileges at the hospital at a rate of £26.67 per hour or part thereof, which represents a fair market rate. Consulting rooms are made available on a non-discriminatory basis and on equivalent terms in accordance with the Order.
Discounts are made available for all consulting room users, discounts can be accessed by:
- Agreeing to prompt payment terms for the settlement of invoices (-20%)
- Advance payment of quarterly consulting room requirements (-20%)
Both discounts are available to all consultants and can be combined to make a 40% discount in the aggregate.
Accommodation for consultants’ medical secretarial staff is also made available at this hospital at a rental rate of £250.00 per month, which represents a fair market rate. Such accommodation is provided on a non-discriminatory basis and on equivalent terms in accordance with the Order.
Hot desks are also made available at the hospital at a rate of £1.59 plus VAT per hour or part thereof, which represents a fair market rate. Hot desks are made available at a non-discriminatory basis and on equivalent terms in accordance with the Order.
Medical secretarial services are made available to our consultant partners at a rate of £15.00 plus VAT per hour, which represents a fair market rate. Medical secretarial services are provided on a non-discriminatory basis and on equivalent terms in accordance with the Order.
All consultants are invited to attend an Annual General Meeting (AGM). The AGM is hosted offsite and food and drinks are provided. The cost of the event is £50 per head.
The EAG (established in January 2016) supports the development of Nuffield Health’s strategy and policies, providing, on an ad hoc basis, advice on clinical best practice, new technology and procedures, complaints, peer review and also giving specialty-specific expert advice where needed. Advice and requests are coordinated by a central team to ensure the appropriate and fair rotation through the membership of the EAG.
The EAG is constituted from members of Nuffield Health Hospitals’ Medical Societies nominated by peers and hospital management. Members are invited to join the EAG by our Medical Director, Geoff Graham.
Where advisory services are requested from and provided to Nuffield Health by EAG consultant members, they are paid a day rate of £1,000 or an hourly rate of £150 plus reasonable expenses incurred.
The member of the EAG from Nuffield Health Warwickshire hospital is: Mr Munchi Choksey
Paid Advisory Roles To support delivery of clinical services in the hospital, the following consultants hold a paid advisory role for Nuffield Health Warwickshire hospital:
- Dr S Wijeratne is paid £12,000 per annum for providing biochemistry advice to the hospital. Dr Wijeratne is also the consultant representative at the Pathology Governance Committee and is paid £445 per meeting attended.
- Val Gilbertson-Ross is paid £11,550 per annum for providing bio-medical advisory services to the hospital.
- Dr A Coe is paid £2,500 per annum for providing paediatric advisory services to the hospital.
- Mr M Stellakis is paid £8,000 per annum for providing consultancy advice for endoscopy services to the hospital.
- Professor R Powell is paid £7,500 per annum for providing immunology services to the hospital.
- Dr H Qureshi is paid £12,000 per annum for providing Haematology and Blood Transfusion advisory services to the hospital and is paid £10,000 as National BT Lead for Nuffield.
- Dr C Marguerie is paid £3,996.96 per annum for providing Rheumatology advisory services to the hospital.
- Dr Thekli Gee is paid £9999.96 per annum for providing microbiology advisory services to the hospital.
- Dr Weinbren is paid £15,000 per annum for providing microbiology advisory services to the hospital.
Share in Equipment
- Mr S Pagliarini has the following interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital:
Heidelberg Retinal Angiograph (HRA) to carry out Scanning Laser Ophthalmosocopy imaging inclusive of fundus autofluorescence and retinal angiography. This is owned by Mr Pagliarini who set it up to provide to all Consultant Ophthalmologists at Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital a facility that yields superior and very high standard multimodality retinal imaging that it is seldom available in the private sector.
Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital is proud to support medical professionals in their pursuit of continuing professional education. The Hospital’s Medical Society approves grants, made from Nuffield Health resources, in order to advance and ensure clinical safety through consultant attendance at relevant educational conferences and events.
Low value services provided to our Consultant partners at this hospital include:
- Discounted gym membership
- Free parking (subject to availability)
- General corporate hospitality
- General hospital marketing activity
- General services provided to ensure clinical safety
- In-house training
- Insurance or indemnity cover in respect of the treatment of national health service patients
- Mandatory training
- Mini-consultations at patient information events
- Operational services such as patient admission, administrative services and billing
- Patient notes archiving
- Stationery and printing facilities
- Subsidised meals
- Tea, coffee and other soft beverages
Further useful outcome statistics for this hospital can be seen on the Private Healthcare Information Network website at www.phin.org.uk