Mr Sanjai Sood was born in Leeds and went to Leeds Grammar School. He graduated from Leicester University Medical School and went on to surgical training in Oxford, Nottingham and West Yorkshire. He completed a highly competitive international fellowship in Adelaide, Australia to further develop specialist skills in Head & Neck Surgery, Rhinoplasty and advanced Sinus Surgery.
He is the Clinical Director for ENT at Bradford Teaching Hospitals and is the current President of the ENTUK Head & Neck Society. He is a member of the Court of Examiners for the European Board Examination in Otolaryngology-Head & Neck surgery. He is a past Council member for the Royal Society of Medicine (Laryngology & Rhinology), British Rhinology Society and North of England Otolaryngology Society.
Mr Sood is a core member of the head and neck MDT and has developed Robotic surgery for head and neck tumours at Bradford Teaching Hospitals. He also has a specific interest in salivary gland disease.
In addition to his expertise in Head and Neck Surgery, Mr Sood sub-specialises in rhinology (nasal problems), sinus problems, and both functional and cosmetic rhinoplasty (‘Nose job’) and septorhinoplasty. He has performed over 700 rhinoplasty procedures and regularly receives referrals from other consultants for patients wanting a functional or cosmetic septorhinoplasty. Mr Sood also offers advanced sinus surgery and has introduced navigational sinus surgery at the Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital. Mr Sood is also a core member of the Leeds Nuffield Snoring service and offers surgery for snoring.
Mr Sood specialises in the following treatments, tests and scans at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital:
- Adult Audiology Hearing Aid Provision
- Antral Washout
- Balloon Sinuplasty
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
- Deviated Septum (Septoplasty)
- FESS (Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery)
- Grommet insertion
- Head and Neck Oncology
- Head and Neck Surgery
- Larynx diagnostic endoscopy
- Nasal Polypectomy
- Parotid Surgery
- Parotid Gland Removal (Parotidectomy)
- Rhinoplasty (Nose Reshaping)
- Submandibular Gland Removal
Mr Sood is married with 3 daughters and lives in North Leeds. He is a keen squash and tennis player and enjoys skiing and travelling.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Sanjai Sood at Nuffield Health
- Head and neck oncology
- Antral washout
- Maxillofacial / oral surgery
- Rhinoplasty (or nose reshaping)
- Balloon Sinuplasty
- Nasal polypectomy
- Blood test
- Reconstructive surgery
- Deviated septum (Septoplasty)
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS)
- Parotid surgery
- Parotid gland removal (parotidectomy)
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Thyroid surgery (thyroidectomy)
- Adult audiology hearing aid provision
- Larynx diagnostic endoscopy (or laryngoscopy)
- Submandibular gland removal
- Head and neck surgery
- Grommet insertion
Mr Sood is a regular presenter at national and international conferences and is the lead author for the national salivary tumour guidelines. He has published over 50 scientific papers. He is past Editor-in-Chief of the journal ‘The Otorhinolaryngologist’ and is a reviewer for several international scientific journals. He has also contributed to the development of many national patient information leaflets.
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- ENT UK
- European Board Otolaryngology - Head & Neck surgery
- North of England Otolaryngology Society
- British Association Head & Neck Oncology
- British (and European) Rhinology Society
Other posts held
- Consultant ENT Surgeon, Bradford NHS Trust
- Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer, University of Leeds
Insurers Mr Sanjai Sood works with
Mr Sanjai Sood works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Sanjai Sood does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Sanjai Sood does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Sanjai Sood does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.