Simon has trained in all aspects of orthopaedic and trauma surgery but specialises in upper limb surgery and sports injuries. He spent one year in the world leading Alps Surgery Institute in Annecy France undertaking advanced training in the most up to date arthroscopic shoulder techniques.
Subsequently he underwent a further fellowship year in the nationally renowned Wrightington upper limb unit before commencing his consultants post in York in 2010.
He regularly lectures both nationally and internationally and has many publications and book chapters in the field of shoulder and upper limb surgery.
Mr Boyle performs the following treatments at Nuffield Health York Hospital:
Mr Boyle performs the following procedures at Nuffield Health York Hospital:
- Weekly Thursday evening (York)
- Weekly Monday PM (Leeds)
- Weekly Friday PM
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon/Upper Limb Specialist, York Teaching Hospital
- Sports injuries
- Rotator cuff and impingement surgery, shoulder instability treatment
- Shoulder replacement
- Research including shoulder intability, frozen shoulder surgery and suprascapular nerve surgery
Rugby, climbing, running/gym and reading
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Medical Association
- Frozen shoulder surgery, shoulder replacements and fractures
- Shoulder instability including arthroscopic Latarjet procedure and posterior instability
- Suprascapular nerve release
- Shoulder arthroscopy techniques
DeclarationMr Simon Boyle works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health
Mr Simon Boyle does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Simon Boyle does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Simon Boyle does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.