- Specialities Orthopaedics
- Telephone Nuffield Health York hospital Bookings team: 01904 715 111 Private Secretary 01904 715008
- Year of first qualification 1997
- Email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Conversational French, English
- GMC Number 4428376
- Website http://www.yorkshoulderclinic.com
- Fax 0113 301 0245
Simon first developed an interest in shoulder and elbow problems after dislocating his own shoulder whilst playing rugby in 1990. He went on to train in Trauma and Orthopaedic surgery, and this injury ultimately inspired him to specialise in shoulder and elbow disorders.
Simon graduated in Medicine and Surgery in 1997 and completed his surgical training in Yorkshire and Australia. In 2009, he was privileged to be selected to spend a year undertaking a shoulder surgery fellowship with Dr Laurent Lafosse in the worlds leading shoulder arthroscopy unit in Annecy, France. This gave him a unique experience in pioneering shoulder surgery techniques for pathologies including rotator cuff tears, shoulder instability (dislocations), sports injuries, impingement pain and shoulder stiffness (frozen shoulder and arthritis). Whilst in France, Simon became the first UK surgeon to perform the complex arthroscopic Latarjet shoulder stabilisation procedure.
On his return to the UK, Simon spent a further year in the prestigious Wrightington Upper Limb Unit working with Professor Len Funk, Professor Ian Trail and Mr John Haines. Here he further refined his clinical knowledge and surgical skills. Simon has been a Consultant in Orthopaedics specializing in Shoulder and Elbow surgery since 2010. His NHS practice is based in York and his private practice is based in York and Leeds.
Simon has a special interest in soft tissue disorders of the shoulder and elbow. These problems affect a range of people from those who enjoy gardening and walking right up to professional sportsmen and athletes including international rugby union and rugby league players, jockey’s, cyclists and triathletes, motor sports, footballers as well as tennis players and golfers. It is his aim to restore all his patients back to their original activities at the same level as promptly as possible.
Mr Boyle performs the following procedures at Nuffield Health York Hospital:
- Shoulder replacement.
- Bone Graft
- Cartilage Reconstruction
- Cubital Tunnel Release
- Image Guided Joint Injections
- Manipulation under anaesthetic
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Shoulder decompression-key hole surgery
- Shoulder stabilisation
- Shoulder surgery (rotator cuff repair)
- Tendon problems
- Shoulder Impingement surgery
- Frozen shoulder treatment
- Acromioclavicular joint treatment
- Ulnar nerve decompression
- Weekly Thursday afternoon (York Nuffield)
- Weekly Monday afternoon (Leeds Nuffield)
- Weekly Friday afternoon York Nuffield
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon (Shoulder and Elbow specialist) York Teaching Hospital
- Shoulder Pain
- Sports injuries
- Rotator Cuff Tears
- Shoulder and Elbow Arthritis
- Shoulder Dislocations and stabilisations
- Frozen Shoulder
- Calcific Tendonitis
- Elbow Arthroscopy
- Tennis and golfers elbow
- Ulnar Nerve
- Carpal tunnel Syndrome
Simon enjoys most sports and played rugby for 20 years. He now takes part in triathlons and marathons.
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Medical Association
- Watanabe Club
- General Medical Council
- Frozen shoulder surgery, shoulder replacements and fractures
- Shoulder instability including arthroscopic Latarjet procedure and posterior instability
- Suprascapular nerve release
- Shoulder arthroscopy techniques
DeclarationMr Simon Boyle works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Simon Boyle does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Simon Boyle does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Simon Boyle does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.