- Specialities Orthopaedics, Paediatric Orthopaedics
- Telephone 0113 388 2067
- Year of first qualification 2005
- Email email@example.com
- GMC Number 6128355
- Fax 0113 301 0245
Mr Vollans established the Yorkshire Elbow Network and receives referrals for complex cases from all over Yorkshire and beyond. He has worked with various elite gymnasts and racquet sports players treating elbow and shoulder problems in both adults and children.
Mr Vollans specialises in the following treatments, tests and scans at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital:
- Cartilage reconstruction
- Cartilage resurfacing
- Cubital tunnel release
- Elbow surgery
- Hand and nerve surgery
- Image guided joint injections
- Joint resurfacing
- Manipulation under anaesthetic (MUA)
- Paediatric elbow surgery
- Paediatric shoulder surgery
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Shoulder decompression - key hole surgery
- Shoulder manipulation
- Shoulder stabilisation
- Shoulder surgery (rotator cuff repair)
- Tendon problems
- Tennis elbow release
- Trauma reconstruction
- Trauma surgery
- Trigger point injections.
- Weekly Thursday AM
- Alternate Friday AM
- Leeds General Infirmary Consultant Shoulder & Elbow Surgeon (Adult & Children)
- Major Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeon Honorary Senior Lecturer, University of Leeds
- Elbow arthroscopy/keyhole surgery, elbow instability, elbow replacement (partial, unicompartmental and total), tennis and golfer’s elbow, ulnar nerve surgery
- All arthroscopic/keyhole shoulder surgery including rotator cuff/tendon repair, stabilisation of dislocating shoulders and decompression of shoulder impingement.
- Shoulder joint replacement/arthroplasty
Wrist fractures, upper limb trauma, Carpal Tunnel Release, Ulnar nerve release/transposition, Children’s shoulder and elbow problems
Sam is a classically trained tenor. His voice has taken him all over the world with various choirs, and he has sung on multiple occasions for Royalty in London and Europe.
- British Elbow & Shoulder Society
- British Orthopaedic Association
- European Wrist Arthroscopy Society
Sam Vollans has a particular interest in education and has published review articles in educational journals and textbooks with world leading experts in their field. His interests in the literature are predominantly within the field of elbow surgery.
DeclarationMr Sam Vollans works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Bupa On Demand
- Westfield Health WPA
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Sam Vollans does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Sam Vollans does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Sam Vollans does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.