Mr Lomax is a specialist orthopaedic foot and ankle surgeon whose entire elective practice is dedicated to treating conditions of the foot and ankle.
He has trained extensively in the UK and abroad, working with internationally renowned experts in orthopaedic foot and ankle surgery and sports injuries.
Mr Lomax is one of only a select number of surgeons in the UK to have been fellowship trained in adult foot and ankle surgery at The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, UK. During this time, Mr Lomax was specifically trained in the treatment of complex adult foot and ankle problems.
Mr Lomax is also specialist fellowship trained in the management of sports injuries of the foot and ankle.
Training at the highly renowned Fortius sports injuries clinic in London, Mr Lomax spent six months working with internationally renowned sports foot and ankle surgeons. He has experience in treating athletes from a wide variety of sporting disciplines.
Mr Lomax specialises in the following treatments, tests and scans at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital:
- Achilles repair or reconstruction
- Ankle fusion
- Ankle ligament repair
- Ankle replacement
- Bone graft
- Bunion Surgery (Bunionectomy)
- Cartilage Reconstruction
- Flat foot correction
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Forefoot reconstructive surgery
- Fusion of big toe
- Hallux Valgus Surgery
- Hindfoot fusion
- Hindfoot osteotomy
- Image-guided joint injections
- Manipulation Under Anaesthetic (MUA)
- Midfoot fusion
- Midfoot Osteotomy
- Subtalar fusion
- Tendon problems
- Tendon Transfer in Foot and Ankle
- Toe joint fusion
- Toe joint replacement
- Toe surgery
- Triple fusion
- Weekly Friday PM
- Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon (Foot and Ankle Specialist) Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
All aspects of adult foot and ankle surgery
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- The broken “ring of fire”: A new radiological sign as a predictor of syndesmosis injury? Calder J, Mitchell A, Lomax A, Ballal MS, Grice J, Van Dijk, N, Lee J. Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine 2017(Mar):5(3)
- Toenail paronychia: A review. Lomax A, Thornton J, Singh D. Foot and Ankle Surgery 2016(22):219-223
- Pie-crusting to facilitate skin closure. Singh D, Lomax A. Foot and Ankle Specialist 2016;9(4):367-371
- Destructive pseudo-neuroarthropathy associated with calcium pyrophosphate deposition: a case series. Lomax A, Ferrero A, Cullen N, Goldberg A, Singh D. Foot and Ankle International 2015;36(4):383-390.]
- Should minimally invasive hallux valgus surgery be performed? Lomax A, Singh D. Journal of Trauma and Orthopaedics 2015;3(1):50-54
- Complications and early results after operative fixation of 68 pilon fractures of the distal tibia. Lomax A, Singh A, Madeley NJ, Kumar CS. Scottish Medical Journal 2015;60(2):79-84.
- Bilateral tarsometatarsal injuries: An unusual mechanism producing unusual variants. Young PS, Clement VL, Lomax A, Bhadesha J, Miller RJ, Mahendra A. The Foot 2015;25(2):120-123
- Quantitative assessment of the sub-chondral vascularity of the talar dome: a cadaveric study. Lomax A, Miller RJ, Fogg QA, Madeley NJ, Kumar CS. Foot and Ankle Surgery 2014;20(1):57-60.
- Isolated plantar dislocation of the 1st metatarsophalangeal joint. Lomax A, Miller RJ, Kumar CS. The Foot 2013;23(4):162-165.
DeclarationMr Adam Lomax works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Adam Lomax does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Adam Lomax does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Adam Lomax does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.