Dr Gayatri Vadlamani
MD, MRCP, FRCPCH, CUEW
GMC number: 4673080
Practicing since: 1991
Sub-specialties: Paediatric Neurology
- Ad hoc clinics by arrangement
Or call us on
Dr Gayatri Vadlamani is an experienced consultant Paediatric Neurologist who currently undertakes private practice, working as a Consultant Paediatric Neurologist at Nuffield Hospital Leeds delivering outpatient clinics for children with a wide range of neurological disorders.
Her expertise includes the assessment, investigations, diagnosis and management of a wide range of neurological disorders in children including:
- Neurodevelopmental disorders such as developmental delay
- Headaches including the administration of occipital nerve blocks
- Gait disorders such as toe walking
- Movement disorders and funny turns in children including faints, fits, tics and Tourette's syndrome
- Sleep disorders
- Management of cerebral palsy including the administration of botulinum toxin injections
Dr Vadlamani qualified in 1991 as a doctor, has worked in in paediatrics for 28 years and in paediatric neurology for 20 years, 3.5 years as a registrar and 16.5 years as a Consultant. She acted as the lead for regional epilepsy service including epilepsy surgery at the department of paediatric neurology at Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS trust. This offered regional service to children with neurological disorders, serving a population of 3.8 million. Dr Vadlamani also provided a regional neurology service to outreach hospitals in Yorkshire and delivered the regional Botox clinics.
Dr Vadlamani also undertook research, published articles in peer reviewed journals and undertook training of other professionals in her various roles throughout her NHS career. She continues in her role as Honorary Senior Lecturer at the University of Leeds.
Read Dr Vadlamani's post on Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital blog about: Headaches in Children.
- General neurology
- Cerebral palsy
- Developmental disorders
Gayatri is married with two children, likes to read, sing and listen to music. She also enjoys writing, walking, attending to the garden and spending time with family and friends.
English, Hindi, Telugu
Locations Dr Gayatri Vadlamani works with
2. Parental and Physician Beliefs Regarding the Provision and Content of Written Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy (SUDEP) Information. Gayatri N, Morrall M, Pysden K et al. Epilepsia 2010; 51(5):777–782.
3. Neuropsychological outcomes following paediatric temporal lobe surgery for epilepsies: Evidence from a systematic review. Flint AE, Waterman M, Bowmer G, Vadlamani G, Chumas P, Morrall M. Seizure 2017; 52: 89 – 116.
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- British Paediatric Neurology Association
- Expert Witness Institute
Other posts held
- Consultant Paediatric Neurologist at Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
Insurers Dr Gayatri Vadlamani works with
Dr Gayatri Vadlamani works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr Gayatri Vadlamani does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Gayatri Vadlamani does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Gayatri Vadlamani does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.