Cardiac services in Exeter
Nuffield Health Exeter Hospital is proud to provide private cardiology services in conjunction with our partners Exeter Heart. Find out how together, we can help you.
Why choose Nuffield Health Exeter Hospital for your cardiology treatment?
Exeter Heart has brought together a professional multi-disciplinary team comprised of seven cardiologists with experience, training and qualifications that cover all areas of cardiology. Our friendly and collaborative team approach to patient care allows Exeter Heart to find the right expert for each patient’s individual cardiac needs.
We deliver expert care for patients with palpitations, chest pain, shortness of breath and dizziness. We provide on-site cardiac investigations including state-of-the-art cardiac MRI.
We treat patients with atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter, angina, heart failure and those requiring pacemakers.
We also offer an assessment of future cardiac risk to minimise your chances of future cardiac problems like stroke or heart attack.
Our range of diagnostic investigations and interventional procedures includes:
- Echocardiography (Echo) – provides information about heart structure and mechanical function
- Cardiac event recorder – records your heart's activity over a long period
- 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure – gives an overview of blood pressure recordings over 24hrs
- Chest X-ray – examines heart, lungs and chest walls
- Cholesterol and other blood lipids tests
- Coronary angiography (also known as cardiac catheterisation) – gives information about the blood pressure inside your heart and how well its pumping chambers and valves are working
- Electrophysiological studies/testing – helps diagnose abnormal heart rhythms and identify which area of the heart is affected
- Implantable pacemakers – controls the heart’s rhythm when it beats too slowly
- Cardiac MRI scans – including stress MRI.