Class Booking Etiquette
Members of Nuffield Health Fitness and Wellbeing gyms can book fitness classes using a mobile device, or directly with a gym. Here are some guidelines for using the service.
Booking a class:
- Members are recommended to book classes in advance to ensure participation in them.
- Class bookings can be made eight days in advance from 7am onwards.
- Classes can be booked with the club team at reception or over the phone or digitally via our app and website.
- The times members will be able to book classes will be based on their membership access – for example members on off-peak memberships will only be able to book off-peak classes.
- Members will not be able to book classes that overlap each other.
On arrival to a class:
- Before starting a class, it’s important that members swipe in at reception, logging their attendance for their chosen class.
- Members must arrive on time for their classes, otherwise they risk their space being taken by another member.
- If the member has not booked but wish to attend a class they should let reception know and the team can inform them whether there are any spaces available.
- If there are no spaces available on the member’s chosen class, they should be given advice on other classes available to them.
- We ask all members to cancel a class at least 60 minutes in advance of the class start time to avoid receiving a no-show.
- If a member’s class booking is not cancelled but subsequently not attended, then this will be regarded as a no-show.
- One day of no-shows in any 30-day rolling period will result in a strike being issued for that day.
- Nuffield Health operates a three-strike non-attendance rule, which will result in booking rights being removed for a 7-day window. Nuffield Health will also continue to monitor adherence to the cancellation policy on a monthly basis. The first and second incidence will result in a warning email and/or call from the club and following that a 7-day booking suspension if non-adherence continues.
- Nuffield Health timetables, instructors and classes are subject to change at any time. We will endeavour to provide notice when a class is unable to take place for any reason.
- Nuffield Health utilise this booking data to analyse group exercise performance and optimise our timetables accordingly.