Mr Sasi is a Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon at Glenfield Hospital, Leicester. His specialist area is breast cancer surgery, breast reconstruction, cosmetic and oncoplastic breast procedures. His aim has always been to preserve and enhance aesthetic outcomes without compromising disease control.
He completed his Oncoplastic Breast Surgical Fellowship training in Edinburgh under the tutorage of the leading breast surgeon Professor J Michael Dixon.
Mr Sasi is a Fellow of the Royal Colleges of Surgeons of England and Edinburgh. He is also a Fellow of the European Boards of General Surgery, Breast Surgery (Third Prize), and Surgical Oncology (Second Prize and ESSO Silver Medal).
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Walid Sasi at Nuffield Health
- Inverted nipple surgery
- Breast uplift (mastopexy)
- Reconstructive surgery
- Breast reconstruction
- Gynaecomastia surgery (male breast reduction)
- Sentinel node biopsy
- Mammogram (breast screening)
- Breast reduction
- Areola reduction
- Breast augmentation (enlargement)
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh by Nomination in recognition of surgical career achievements
- Fellow of the European Board of Surgery in the Division of General surgery, Union Européenne des Médecins Spécialistes, Brussels, Belgium
- Fellow (with Distinction) of the European Board of Surgery in the Sub-specialty Division of Breast surgery, Union Européenne des Médecins Spécialistes, Brussels, Belgium
- Fellow (with Distinction) of the European Board of Surgery in the Sub-specialty Division of Surgical Oncology, Union Européenne des Médecins Spécialistes, Brussels, Belgium
- Member of the British Medical Association (BMA),
- Member of the Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland (MDDUS
- Member of the Aesthetic and Reconstructive Breast Surgeons Network (ARBSNet)
- Founding Fellow of the Confederation of British Surgery (F.F.C.B.S.)
- Member of the International Oncoplastic Breast Consortium (OPBC)
- Member of the UK Breast Cancer Group (UKBCG)
Other posts held
- Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon, Glenfield Hospital, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust
Insurers Mr Walid Sasi works with
Mr Walid Sasi works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa Global
- Cigna International
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Healix Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Walid Sasi does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Walid Sasi does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Walid Sasi does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.