Mr Walid Sasi is highly experienced in the surgical management of all aspects of common benign and malignant breast disease. He has performed more than 6,000 surgical procedures to date. This includes extensive experience in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery with over 300 breast procedures a year.
Mr Sasi has a particular interest in Breast Cancer Surgery using the oncoplastic breast conserving techniques such as mammoplasty and partial breast reconstructions using chest wall perforator flaps (e.g. LICAP, LTAP). Mr Sasi is also experienced in performing nipple and skin-sparing mastectomy with breast reconstruction using breast implants or autologous tissue flaps (e.g. LD). Mr Sasi takes a special interest in performing the hybrid reconstruction technique in which implant reconstruction is combined with lipofilling in one session to produce pleasing results very close to those of natural breasts.
Mr Walid Sasi’s other interests lie in cosmetic breast surgery, particularly breast augmentation using implants and lipofilling, breast reduction and nipple uplift (mastopexy) and also offer revisional and corrective breast surgery.
Mr Walid Sasi has been a Consultant Surgeon in the UK since 2015, having joined the Glenfield Breast Unit in 2018. Mr Sasi is currently the Chair (Lead Clinician) of Breast Cancer Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) which oversees and recommends treatment plans for all breast cancer patients (NHS and Private) in Leicestershire and for those patients referred from neighbouring regions for tertiary treatments.
Mr Sasi is one of the founding fellows of the Confederation of British Surgery (CBS), an organisation that is wholly committed to ensuring the delivery of the highest surgical standards in the UK and internationally and is also a leading member of the UK Breast Cancer Group (UKBCG) and the International Oncoplastic Breast Consortium (OBC).
Mr Sasi is an established member of the European Breast Cancer Research Association of Surgical Trialists (EUBREAST), a network of renowned European breast cancer surgeons that was formed with the primary goal of researching less extensive approaches to breast cancer surgery in order to improve cancer patient’s quality of life and help them return as quickly as possible to their professional and active daily lifestyles.
In the field of Medical Education, Mr Sasi is the undergraduate medical education lead for Breast Surgery at the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust and the University of Leicester Medical School and is an experienced Surgical Trainer and Supervisor recognised by the General Medical Council.
Mr Walid Sasi has been recently appointed by Health Education England as the Training Programme Director (TPD) of the Core Surgical Training Programme in East Midlands (South). Through this role, he oversees and supervises all the core surgical training posts in the region to ensure high-quality surgical training is delivered. Mr Sasi is proud that he has trained many surgeons in general and breast surgery to the highest standards and seen them become accomplished consultant surgeons.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Walid Sasi at Nuffield Health
- Inverted nipple surgery
- Breast uplift (mastopexy)
- Reconstructive surgery
- Breast reconstruction
- Gynaecomastia surgery (male breast reduction)
- Sentinel node biopsy
- Mammogram (breast screening)
- Breast reduction
- Areola reduction
- Breast augmentation (enlargement)
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh by Nomination in recognition of surgical career achievements
- Fellow of the European Board of Surgery in the Division of General surgery, Union Européenne des Médecins Spécialistes, Brussels, Belgium
- Fellow (with Distinction) of the European Board of Surgery in the Sub-specialty Division of Breast surgery, Union Européenne des Médecins Spécialistes, Brussels, Belgium
- Fellow (with Distinction) of the European Board of Surgery in the Sub-specialty Division of Surgical Oncology, Union Européenne des Médecins Spécialistes, Brussels, Belgium
- Member of the British Medical Association (BMA),
- Member of the Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland (MDDUS
- Member of the Aesthetic and Reconstructive Breast Surgeons Network (ARBSNet)
- Founding Fellow of the Confederation of British Surgery (F.F.C.B.S.)
- Member of the International Oncoplastic Breast Consortium (OPBC)
- Member of the UK Breast Cancer Group (UKBCG)
Other posts held
- Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon, Glenfield Hospital, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust
Insurers Mr Walid Sasi works with
Mr Walid Sasi works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Bupa Global
- Cigna International
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Healix Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Walid Sasi does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Walid Sasi does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Walid Sasi does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.