Mr Tim Hardwick is a Trauma and Orthopaedic Consultant. His elective practice at Chichester is in hand and wrist surgery.
Mr Hardwick completed his medical degree at
Leicester University in 2007 before undertaking foundation training and core
surgical training in London. Prior to this he obtained a Bachelor's
degree in sports physiology and a Master's degree in human and applied
physiology at Kings College University London. Following his core surgical
training at Guy's and St Thomas’s and Kings College Hospital, Mr Hardwick undertook subspecialty training in Trauma and Orthopaedics within the Kent Surrey and
Sussex deanery, attaining his CCT in 2019. On completion of higher specialty
training, he went on to complete an 18-month fellowship at Kings College
Hospital London, specializing in hand and wrist surgery and complex trauma. Mr Hardwick was appointed as a substantive hand surgeon at St Richards Hospital in April
2021 where he conducts his NHS practice. He has an ongoing interest in research
and quality improvement and also plays an active role as a tutor educating and training junior surgeons at the Royal College Surgical Trust.
Please note. Mr Hardwick is currently only seeing self-pay patients.
Management of peripheral nerve compression (e.g. carpal tunnel syndrome, ulna nerve compression at the elbow/wrist).
Management of osteoarthritis in the hand and wrist, including:
- Base of thumb procedures (e.g. Trapeziumectomy and CMCJ replacement)
- Partial and total wrist fusion
- Finger joint replacement/fusion
- Tendon transfers
- Trigger finger
- Targeted injections to the hand and wrist
- Management of benign lumps (e.g. ganglions/GCT)
- Carpal Tunnel Decompression
- Cubital Tunnel Decompression
- Guyon’s Canal Decompression/exploration
- Percutaneous Needle Fasciotomy
- Partial Fasciectomy
- Palm/Palm + Single Digit/Palm + Multiple Digits
- Revision Partial Fasciectomy - Palm/Palm + Single Digit/Palm + Multiple Digits
- Dermofasciectomy - Palm/Palm + Single Digit/Palm + Multiple Digits
Hand and Wrist Osteoarthritis/Inflammatory Arthritis
- Partial/Total Wrist fusions<- Trapeziumectomy +/- Tendon Suspension (APL Suspension)
- 1st CMCJ Replacement (Touch)
- MCPJ/PIPJ Replacements
- PIPJ/DIPJ Fusions
- Targeted Small Joint Injections
Trigger Finger Release/Injections
Management of Benign Lumps:
- Excision of Ganglions/GCT’s/Mucoid Cysts
Hand and Wrist Trauma (Acute/Chronic):
- Open reduction + Internal Fixation of Finger/Metacarpal/Wrist and Forearm
- Ligament Repair/Reconstruction
Research and Education. Current Royal College Tutor for Worthing and St Richards. Involved in the regional teaching program for the KSS deanery and faculty on both the ORUK Hand FRCS revision course and the Kings FRCS revision course.
I have a wonderful wife and 2 amazing children who keep me busy outside of my clinical work! I am a keen golfer and belong to a club, playing when I can. I also like to keep myself fit training for local triathlons and running events.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Tim Hardwick at Nuffield Health
- Hand surgery
I completed a clinical research fellowship during my training based at the department of biomaterials, Guys Hospital, presenting work at national and international meetings, and receiving the regional Fred Heatley prize for my work.
- General Medical Council (GMC) – 6178907
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Bristish Society for Surgery of the Hand (BSSH)
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
Other posts held
- St Richards Hospital (University Sussex NHS Trust) - Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specializing in hand and wrist surgery and general trauma.