- Specialities Gastroenterology
- Telephone 01277 695695
- Year of first qualification 1997
- Email Brentwood.firstname.lastname@example.org
English, Tamil, Hindi (conversational)
- GMC Number 5205824
- Fax 01277 261924
Dr Munuswamy trained in gastroenterology and liver diseases at King’s College Hospital, London. He did his clinical training as part of South East Thames rotation. This provided him the experience in managing a wide range of complex, acute and chronic conditions.
In his current post, he manages both inpatients and outpatients with gastroenterology, liver, inflammatory bowel disease and acute pancreatitis. He performs gastroscopy, colonoscopy and flexible sigmoidoscopy to diagnose and treat a variety of GI conditions.
Patient safety is central to his clinical practice with emphasis on gentle, kind, considerate and good listening approach to patient care. He discusses and involves patients in the decision process for managing their condition.
- Weekly Wednesday 18:00 - 20:00
- Basildon and Thurrock University Hospital
- Inflammatory bowel disease and acute pancreatitis
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Design innovation
- Computer programming and mobile applications
- Royal College of Physicians (Lon)
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland
- Dr Munuswamy has done research on Leptospirosis as part of his MD thesis.
- Currently involved in national study trials in treatment of colitis
- Undertaking study on CRP genetic polymorphisms in IBD patients
- He developed an innovated design in NG tube feeding which was recognised and awarded a highly commended prize by Health Enterprises East as part of the innovation competition in East of England.
DeclarationDr Pushpakaran Munuswamy works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Pushpakaran Munuswamy does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Pushpakaran Munuswamy does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Pushpakaran Munuswamy does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.