I completed my basic surgical training, and carried out my specialist registrar training Trauma and Orthopaedics in Norway. I undertook spinal fellowship at Cardiff University Hospital where I gained an excellent surgical experience across the full range of spinal procedures.
I practice at Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow where I am actively involved in the development and expansion of the spinal unit. I have published in peer review journals and presented at national and international meetings. I am actively involved in teaching medical students.
Mr Ahmed has specialist interest in degenerative conditions of the spine, spinal deformity trauma, infections and tumours of the spine.
He carries out various procedures:
- Endoscopic Lumbar spine Discectomy
- Microdiscectomy for Lumbar disc prolapse
- Spinal decompression for spinal stenosis
- Cervical Disc replacement
- Anterior cervical discectomy with fusion (ACDF)
- Lumbar fusion (including posterior and intervertebral PLIF, TLIF and XLIF)
- Inter-spinous process spacers, cement augmentation (kyphoplasty or vertebroplasty) for osteoporotic fractures or spinal tumours and stabilisation for trauma or tumours
- Spinal injections
- Caudal Epidural injection
- Sacroiliac joint injection and stabilization
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery including percutaneous pedicle screws and extreme lateral interbody fusion
- Laser Lumbar Discectomy.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Mohamed Ahmed at Nuffield Health
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Lumbar discectomy
- Spinal anaesthetic
- Spinal (lumbar) Decompression
- Spinal fusion surgery
- Epidural injection for pain relief
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Cervical Disc Replacement
Other posts held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Specialist in Trauma and Orthopaedics