Mr Deane is a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at Leicester Royal Infirmary with a busy private practice at Nuffield Health Leicester Hospital.
Mr Deane specialises in adult ophthalmology including:
- cataract surgery
- laser treatment for diabetes and macular degeneration
- small incision cataract surgery
His area of sub-specialty is retinal disease.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr James Deane at Nuffield Health
- Photodynamic therapy
- Fluorescein angiography
- Cataract Surgery
- Lacrimal surgery
Mr Deane has a research interest in the causes and prevention of cataract and macular degeneration.
- The Medical Defence Union
- Royal College of Ophthalmology
- Midlands Ophthalmic Society
- Association of Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO)
- International Society of Geographic and Epidemiological Ophthalmology (ISGEO)
Other posts held
- Consultant Ophthalmologist, Leicester Royal Infirmary.
- Consultant Ophthalmologist, Coalville Community Hospital
Insurers Mr James Deane works with
Mr James Deane works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
Mr James Deane does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr James Deane has the following interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital:
Mr Deane has a financial interest in an OCT machine used at Nuffield Health Leicester Hospital.
Mr James Deane holds the following paid advisory role(s) either at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health:
Mr Deane has indicated that his spouse is employed by Nuffield Health.